Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

The Pepper Patch

Big, strong hunter gatherers almost always end up as crippled up, fat old dirt farmers and bottom fishermen.

any interest in a gardening forum here? i guess i could just go to better homes and gardens forums........

but i don't think they would get my references to toad anaheims and monster kentucky wonders-much less the 400 class tomato plants.......

lee

• Like 2

Lee, doesn't look like much interest in general! But I'm curios what toad anaheims and Kentucky wonders are? 400 class tomatoes?

I was coming down the mountain today listening to a radio show about GMO (genetically modified organisms......also known as food) and why this has been banned in many countries but the US population is being used a Genny pigs! So yeah now they have my attention. I like keeping my house yard in shape and someday I hope to have a greenhouse and grow my own vegetables at the cabin where I plan to retire.........so it's never to early to start learning right?

Pepper patch? I'm getting 5-10 jalapeños every day or 2 off my single plant, I don't even eat them all that often, I'm almost sick of zucchini, I've roasted about 20 lbs of green chili already this year and my maters are just starting to ripen. I'd love a garden forum!

• Like 1

/>Lee, doesn't look like much interest in general! But I'm curios what toad anaheims and Kentucky wonders are? 400 class tomatoes?

I was coming down the mountain today listening to a radio show about GMO (genetically modified organisms......also known as food) and why this has been banned in many countries but the US population is being used a Genny pigs! So yeah now they have my attention. I like keeping my house yard in shape and someday I hope to have a greenhouse and grow my own vegetables at the cabin where I plan to retire.........so it's never to early to start learning right?

im guessing toad Anaheim's refer to the green chili variety and 400 class maters means.... A BFT!!!!! Hahaha

well, gardening isn't a competition but i am a fisherman too so bragging some is just kinda natural.

a toad anaheim is a pepper over 12". a monster kentucky wonder is a bean stalk that climbs to the end of a 9ft pole and then reaches up another 2-3ft trying to get up to the overhead telephone line.

the last 3 years all of my tomato plants went crazy and produced over 100lbs of tomatoes EACH! thats 400 class in anybody's book.

lee

• Like 1

Ok i will come out of the closet, I ADMIT I LOVE TO GROW PLANT AND GROW! No not the same stuff i grew in high school. :~) funny all the testing i did after military before school said gardener-landscaper etc i just laughed! recently discovered exactly how relaxing it can be to plant, grow things.. i would like to hear how to accomplish phx garden but heading north in year or 2..

BRING ON THE GARDENING FORUM! may i also suggest a Devotional section around the prayer request and memorial forums. :)

• Like 2

/>

a toad anaheim is a pepper over 12".

lee

I've tagged some of these this year. :-) lol

I'd go for a gardening forum. My garden gets bigger and bigger every year. I'm tired of eating crook necks and zucchini already lol.

Brian

Tomato season, we have canned over 120 lbs of Murdoch Farms Camp Verde tomatoes in last couple weekends. Did 30 jars of salsa yesterday and 18 jars of awesome sauce for pizza, etc. Only 12 lbs to go today, then roasting some green chiles.

Next month prickly pear margaritas.

post-382-0-99786800-1375030240_thumb.jpg

post-382-0-75733300-1375030277_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No we sold it to a nice couple from Camp Verde, funny we saw them heading out to the rim in it yesterday.

the pepper patch Suzy-bear gave her little life to protect from the marauding wapiti.

post-253-0-59365700-1375063083_thumb.jpg

post-253-0-67938200-1375063100_thumb.jpg

look at them gooooooooooooooooooooo......one season they may get to the phone line.....

post-253-0-61380800-1375063066_thumb.jpg

If you want them to reach the phone line, let me know.