Sign in to follow this  
Rifle2Bow

Rangefinder assistance

If I had to choose between those two, I would definitely go with the vortex, and then sell it and buy a Leica and be done with it. I don't know anyone who's owned anything other then a Leica (except maybe the Swaro which IMO is overpriced and too big) that has been happy with it. Just my two cents that'll save you a bunch of cents!

• Like 1

Leica is definitely the RF of choice. If you absolutely can't afford the price, I would go with the Leupold 1000i TBR. I was in the same dilemma last year. I researched the reviews and settled on the Leupold. I was hesitant because I had an older model Leupold I was not happy with. The new model is 10 times better. I can range trees/bushes at 900 yards, reflective over 1000 yrds. It is accurate in rifle or bow mode no matter the conditions, has angle compensation, and gives a fast readout. I am very happy and impressed with mine.

Read the reviews/forums and go to the store and play with them.

• Like 1

I'm down to the Leupold RX-1000 and the Vortex ranger 1000 because they have the red digital display. Does anyone have experience with any of these? Thx.

go try them at the store...

I tried the vortex and it is no bueno! it gave different yardages at the same object!

cost was definitely a factor for me.

I bought the leupold full draw it is super fast and consistent. I don't shoot long range and mostly only bow hunt so it fit what I do.

the 1000i TBR is even better.

would I like to have a leica... heck yeah, but not in my price range.

James

• Like 1

I used to use the Leica 800. Gave it away to a friend of mine because the Zeiss was better in my opinion. The Swaro is good but pricey.

I used to use the Leica 800. Gave it away to a friend of mine because the Zeiss was better in my opinion. The Swaro is good but pricey.

GAVE your Leica to a friend?......I'm sending you a friend request :)

• Like 1

I have no experience with the Vortex rangefinder but I just got the Leupold 1000 TBR and it seems to be really good. So far I have only used it in the neighborhood and out to 600 yards. It is very clear and gives very quick readings. I tried my dad's brand new Leica and got the same reading with my Leupold on everything we ranged and we went up to 583 yards. It's not a Leica but I was very impressed at what I got for half the price.

• Like 1

I have no experience with the Vortex rangefinder but I just got the Leupold 1000 TBR and it seems to be really good. So far I have only used it in the neighborhood and out to 600 yards. It is very clear and gives very quick readings. I tried my dad's brand new Leica and got the same reading with my Leupold on everything we ranged and we went up to 583 yards. It's not a Leica but I was very impressed at what I got for half the price.

I was ranging trees/bushes at 890 yrds last weekend with my Leupold 1000i TBR. Clear image and instant reading. IMO, the best in this price range.

• Like 1

I was ranging things at 1800 yds the other day with my leica 1600-b...just for reference...

between the two listed go with the leupold...had the Vortex and sold it

• Like 1