Sign in to follow this  
elkhunter

34b lope

They only give 1 tag a year for 34b... G&F basically hunted them down to a unhuntable population. 35 a&b have no more tags (except for on the fort). Back a few years ago there were 10 plus tags in both 34b and 35. The last 2 years, a nice goat was taken each year in 34b by I believe a couple of cwt members...

i seen a REALLY nice one a couple of years ago on a deer hunt out there. i was in awe and spent about 15 minutes watching him. its funny cause i work with some guys who live out there and they always tell me they see them but i never do. i love it out there.

My bosses buddy has the 34b tags this year. I don't know the tag holder personally but I've seen some pictures of the bucks he's located this year and he hasn't seen anything real big yet. Might be a tough hunt this year to locate a real big one.

Lance- last year it was cmc skull works wife with the rifle tag and someone in his fam had the archery tag, they did well, and yes the bigger ones are over in 34a ,

Wish I could draw this tag, not to get a whopper buck but because I grew up on rain valley road and seen these lope my entire life!

• Like 1

Just like when I told a G&F officer I saw some javelina in unit 9 about 20 years ago, he point blank called me a liar. Well now those pigs are everywhere up there with hunts now starting! Lol

in 2008, my dad drew the 34b Muzzleloader antelope tag, back then they had an archery tag, a muzzie tag, and a general tag.

we knew of 2 shooters on the south side of the unit and 1 got killed by the archery hunter on the second to last day,

opening day my dad shot a nice 83"

I wish they still had those tags, there was a lot of up-and-commers back then!