Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

**SIDE OF HWY DOVE HUNT TOMORROW AFTERNOON!

Ok so bring your chair, gun, shells and i guess ethics optional..

When tuesday the 9th of sep 2013

Where: between ben avery long distance range and ben avery main range south side of carefree hwy... many many dove! bonus for whoever hunts closet to before mentioned black 4runner. shoot why should i keep it all to myself when i have to leave each day due to 4 runner occupants and their lack of ethics.

So only requirements are to stay on side of rd for all your shooting!

How is it they just multiply?? these people pull up each day hour after myself then begin their dove hunt 50yards from highway.. they linger there 30 min blazing away then walk right infront of me with no orange of course.. leaving shells and cleaning birds on side of highway... if they shut down phx hunting thank these bozos!

attachicon.gif20130909_181321.jpg

Incase you can't read that...AHR8580 you can see this for yourself accross from ben avery range! Usually around 5:45pm happy dove hunting

BTW i called phx pd and told them people were shooting 50 yards from rd and i jumped up and down waving at game and fish truck with 2 guys in it that just looked at me and kept going. talked with highway patrol as they went into range for training and got a shoulder shrug... shoot if i start breaking laws i hope all those law officers are around to enable me also.

maybe they were doing nothing wrong?

/>You can shoot right next to a road. Just not from, on or across.

Ohhhhh no! this was highway not forest rd. 1/4 mile from rd or building.

Also leaving shells.

Unethical is sitting in my lap. stupid is walking your kid up infron of me when they have no orange and im 260# wearing 2xl orange vest shooting a noisy gun. unethical is also cleaning your birds at a pull off on side of highway.. these are things that cause ujs to lose our priviledges...

It is interesting that first 2 comments were in favor of trashy hunters. :-( so disapointing

It's not that im suprised.. i have been dove hunting for 34 yrs and this is minor compared to most problems we encounter with this kind of hunter. im concerned about all the idiots driving in areas clearly posted no driving or shooting whithin 1/4 mile of rd.. etc etc.. they closed where i hunted last 2 yrs and now these people will get the rest taken away in no time at all. :(

I remember a long time ago, when I joined this site. I almost posted the plate # of a dove hunter who peppered me while I was deer hunting. Never did I know, that same dirt bag (and his family) would turn out to be one of my best friends! I joined because of the cwt.com sticker on his bronco.

/> You can shoot right next to a road. Just not from, on or across.

Ohhhhh no! this was highway not forest rd. 1/4 mile from rd or building.

Also leaving shells.

Unethical is sitting in my lap. stupid is walking your kid up infron of me when they have no orange and im 260# wearing 2xl orange vest shooting a noisy gun. unethical is also cleaning your birds at a pull off on side of highway.. these are things that cause ujs to lose our priviledges...

It is interesting that first 2 comments were in favor of trashy hunters. :-( so disapointing

I believe the law is 1/4 mile from occupied building or residence, can't shoot from or across a maintained road or railway. make sure when you clean your birds you leave at least 1 feathered wing for proper ID until you get them home. As for leaving litter take some good pictures of the trash left behind you all ready have their lic. plate and then drive the mile or so to game and fish next time and show it to them. Littering while hunting and fishing is a revocable offense.

• Like 2

You can shoot right next to a hwy or freeway... There is no difference between a forest road and a Hwy. As long as you are a 1/4 mile from a occupied structure and don't shoot across, onto, or from a "maintained" roadway.

• Like 2

Well i am gonna set some chairs next to road tomorrow accross from range so any of you who would like to demonstrate this i wanna watch and see how it goes for you. :-)

I have a hard time believing a occupied car is any different than a building. maybe im wrong but common sense tells me something fishy here.. and the phx pd last year that said as long as you maintain 1/4 mile from hwy were good

I do not believe I was in favor of the guys, I was just simply informing you of the law, so you are able to hunt closer to the roads. AZGFD has all jurisdiction now, not Local PD's. This was passed, I believe last year, whenever the new regs came out about hunting "M" units. Hopefully you picked up their shells, took pictures and can inform game and fish of their violations so they can be caught for littering.

/>I do not believe I was in favor of the guys, I was just simply informing you of the law, so you are able to hunt closer to the roads. AZGFD has all jurisdiction now, not Local PD's. This was passed, I believe last year, whenever the new regs came out about hunting "M" units. Hopefully you picked up their shells, took pictures and can inform game and fish of their violations so they can be caught for littering.

And where i hunted last year is now closed due to complaints and daily pd visits. so what im saying is if this side of the road crap happens never mind the rest.. if it is legal and uys do it do you really think the city stuff will remain open? like i said i will take chairs tomorrow for all who would like to prove their side of the road point but dont be offended if i dont sit and shoot with you.. i get enough dirty looks just for pulling gun out of case.. it was much easier in the days when we could drive in

Hoghntr,

I am not interested in ever being that close to the road, just trying to explain it is perfectly legal. Also not sticking up for litter bugs. State law supersedes local law, and state law only states that you cannot shoot from, across or onto a "maintained " roadway or railway. Nothing about a quarter mile distance. Also the definition of a maintained road is any road that has a maintenance schedule. This does not mean that it is simply graded by a local govt or rancher... It actually has to have a written maintenance schedule.

• Like 3

/>Man, I hate the Phoenix area!!! I'm glad I don't live there and have to deal with the crap you guys have to put up with.

Wont matter they will shut this down as they did the other spots. the words of my father ring in my ears.. he used to say all the time "son this will all be gone someday" heck im not completely innocent some of those old decayed hulls belong to me.. now i shoot o/u just cuz body is to jacked to constantly bend over for shells. :)

My side by side Charles daly is a "gentleman's" gun, the hulls don't shoot out, I gotta pull them out by hand. They always go in my vest. I understand about taking it away a little at a time, that's why I bought enough property to be able to shoot birds legally from my back porch if need be. Again, I'd hate to have to deal with the rules in the Phoenix area.