CouesWhitetail

Young girl tries to get her first Coues with a bow!

I can’t tell you all what an inspiration Jasmine and her dad were to all of us. Jasmine was such a great student, soaking up everything we had to say. We met with her and her dad Matt pre-season to see how she could shoot. This girl can shoot. She and her dad sat actually sat a blind on opening day and had a buck come in but was unable to get a shot at it. After sitting the blind for a day she said she wanted to try spot and stalk. I had no idea she would be such a good student. You read her story and that is exactly how the morning went. I could go on and on about the few days I was able to spend with them, they are such great people. Thanks Amanda for introducing me to the Burkes, I am honored to say that we’re good friends and I was invited to attended Matt’s retirement ceremony from the Air Force. Thanks Bryce for your Ninja like stalking skills and getting Jasmine three shot opportunities, we couldn’t have done it without you.

I told Matt I wouldn’t call him out on this but I lied. The day after Jasmine sat the blind Matt went by himself and sat the blind and actually got three shots off at some pretty good bucks and I can tell you that rage broad heads do not have enough cutting surface to kill a concrete drinker ;). Towards the end on the hunt Matt went back in to the blind and sat it with his youngest daughter Adena and he got another shot off and another clean miss. You’ve got to love time in the field with family.

• Like 1

Great write up! Archery hunting is a tough ...... The stock is the toughest part and you did it 2 times in one day, good job your kill will come soon!