Sign in to follow this  
AZHUNTER05

5bn elk, pictures added!

Anyone kill a bull in 5bn this year? It's been real slow so far and I haven't heard of any bulls hitting the ground yet. Hopefully this rut kicks off soon!

I'm in 5b south...really slow here too. I killed a small 6x7 Sunday night and we've had another guy get a spike. Tough hunt so far. No rutting activity at all!!

spot and stalk!! No rut activity at all!! I know four more 5bn tag holders. They had said this morning was the first day of bugling!

We've heard bugles almost everyday, but they are very few and far between. We have called several bulls in, but they hang up around100 yards. This is the hardest archery bull hunt I have been on! Hopefully the rut kicks off soon!

Azhunter if you are hunting with a partner when those bulls hang up have whoever is calling sneak out away from the bull and cow call softly like they are walking away. I have had this work quite a few times to get that bull in the last 50 yards or so

• Like 1

/>We've heard bugles almost everyday, but they are very few and far between. We have called several bulls in, but they hang up around100 yards. This is the hardest archery bull hunt I have been on! Hopefully the rut kicks off soon!

Haha. You should hunt general season Montana or Colorado sometime!!! You'll be happy to just hear an elk.

/> We've heard bugles almost everyday, but they are very few and far between. We have called several bulls in, but they hang up around100 yards. This is the hardest archery bull hunt I have been on! Hopefully the rut kicks off soon!

Haha. You should hunt general season Montana or Colorado sometime!!! You'll be happy to just hear an elk.

Try Idaho. Worst, Rut. Ever.

It's the pressure that 5BN gets that's shuts them up. We hunted it several years in a row and it just got worse and worse as more and more people showed up in areas we hunted. On my hunt I heard 2 bugles in 7 days during legal shooting light. Bulls are still killable but for me part of hunting elk this time of year is getting to experience all the awesome sighta and sounds of the rut! So we no longer hunt there.