ragingpointoutfitters

Who's still looking to harvest their Bull in 22!

I'm sure it's just a rumor, but I was told G&F intends to up the 25 archery tags to 250 archery tags next year. I'm praying it's just a nasty rumor, but I would not be suprised! If that happens 22 will never be the same!!!!!!!!!

Adam

Taken the youngest up Thursday for Friday's muzzy bull hunt. Should be a good hunt, was surrounded by 5 bulls bugling two days ago. Can't wait.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a huge snow storm in late Nov!!! Push them all down for early Dec, hopes are hi ha!!!

I'm hoping for a huge snow storm in late Nov!!! Push them all down for early Dec, hopes are hi ha!!!

Just enough to keep some on the ground for late archery.

I am still in unit 22. This is the short version of a very long past 3 days. I shot a 6x6 early Sat. Morning and have been tracking him for 3 full days. I shot him at 7:13 sat. morning. waited 2 hours before tracking blood. at 10:28am I suprisingly bumped him out of his bed. Total of 4 hours afterthe shot. I checked the bed which had about a 3 foot dia. pool of blood and some what appears to be lung material in it.I pulled compleately out at that point and went back in at 3:00pm.l had good blood again leaving his bed most of the way. At about 6:00 PM. He got bumped again out of the bottom of a wash. SOB! I can't believe that bull was still moving! Pulled back out. Next morning picked blood up again and tracked till 2:30 that afternoon to a spot where I believe he bedded the night prior. Lots of blood soaked dirt but no blood leaving that spot. Ran into some guys in the area glassing for their muzzy tag and gave them my phone # incase they saw him. About 45 min. Before dark I get a call. Hey I found your bull. He's up on a ridge in bad shape. I race over there but don't get their before dark. They took a pic of the ridge with their phone and said that bull will be lying dead their in the morning. Long story short I glassed and searched that whole side of the mountain today and found no Bull.

Oh dude that sucks. I have been hoping to hear good news from you. That unit is thick and nasty especially in the south half. Good luck, if you go back this weekend you should be able to find crows . . .

I am still in unit 22. This is the short version of a very long past 3 days. I shot a 6x6 early Sat. Morning and have been tracking him for 3 full days. I shot him at 7:13 sat. morning. waited 2 hours before tracking blood. at 10:28am I suprisingly bumped him out of his bed. Total of 4 hours afterthe shot. I checked the bed which had about a 3 foot dia. pool of blood and some what appears to be lung material in it.I pulled compleately out at that point and went back in at 3:00pm.l had good blood again leaving his bed most of the way. At about 6:00 PM. He got bumped again out of the bottom of a wash. SOB! I can't believe that bull was still moving! Pulled back out. Next morning picked blood up again and tracked till 2:30 that afternoon to a spot where I believe he bedded the night prior. Lots of blood soaked dirt but no blood leaving that spot. Ran into some guys in the area glassing for their muzzy tag and gave them my phone # incase they saw him. About 45 min. Before dark I get a call. Hey I found your bull. He's up on a ridge in bad shape. I race over there but don't get their before dark. They took a pic of the ridge with their phone and said that bull will be lying dead their in the morning. Long story short I glassed and searched that whole side of the mountain today and found no Bull.

I want to praise Speedygoss for all of his hard work and hunting ethics! After shooting the Bull on Saturday morning he has spent over 35 hours walking the area looking for his Bull. He has done everything right! I am very impressed with his dedication. I wish more people would put that amount of work into finding wounded animals. Great job and keep the faith!

Adam

• Like 4

He's up there somewhere... keep the faith!