Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

lion hounds

Fox Hounds have tons of "get up and go" and can track anything. Mine is constantly moving.

• Like 1

Do not get a hound from the pound they are there for a reason you will only end up trying to find them for hours cause they took off after elk and deer what you need to to is suck it up and spend the money on a finished dog it will be well worth it especially if you want to do dry ground hunting and I like plotts the best

Muleskinner is dead on. Lol. I don't know any dirt hunters running plotts. You will need to buy one good finished dog and some good young dogs. Expect to spend at least $5000 or you are taking a chance on it. Snow dogs are cheaper. Catching lions in the dirt is tough and the guys doing it have the dogs needed. If you don't buy a finished hound I got big money you don't see a lion in the tree for a long long time if ever. Unless you get real lucky

Better have deep pockets if you wanna start hunting lions. I been doin it awhile now and good dirt dogs that catch are never for sale. You make those dogs you don't find em cheap on internet.