Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Any HAM (mainly 'h') hunters?

CouestrackeR, That Grizzly Is Awesome!

Going To Be Hard To Leave The 1911'S InThe Safe, But I Think The 686 Is The Better Choice.

Thanks! I got my back-up gun ready to go, just in case. :)

post-736-0-22356500-1389891401_thumb.jpg

Going To Be Hard To Leave The 1911'S InThe Safe, But I Think The 686 Is The Better Choice.

Thanks! I got my back-up cannon ready to go, just in case. :)

attachicon.gif20140114_221436.jpg

Fixed it for ya :) How does that thing shoot?

I'm taking my Pietta 1858 Rem .44 caliber cap-and-ball Replica with me with Buffalo Bullet conicals. I don't know if I would use it past 15yds. For longer distances, my primary will be an old T/C Tree Hawk percussion .50cal carbine with 320gr Maxi-Hunter pills. I look forward to it!!!

• Like 1

I just can't decide weather to kill with my bow or my 9mm.

• Like 1

I'm taking my Pietta 1858 Rem .44 caliber cap-and-ball Replica with me with Buffalo Bullet conicals. I don't know if I would use it past 15yds. For longer distances, my primary will be an old T/C Tree Hawk percussion .50cal carbine with 320gr Maxi-Hunter pills. I look forward to it!!!

I would love to take pigs and deer with a 1858 Confederate navy. One day I will get me one. Right now I just got the action and barrel to a Win. M1917 in 30-06. It will take me some time to build this gun and get it ready to kill.

take both :)

I probably will but it's been a long time since I took a pig with a handgun.

Thanks! I got my back-up cannon ready to go, just in case. :)[img=http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/public/style_images/club_3_4/attachicon.gif]20140114_221436.jpg

Fixed it for ya :) How does that thing shoot?

It shoots awesome! I shot this pigalina in 2011 at 68 yds in its bed. It had a POS Nikon on on it then, before it self destructed.

post-736-0-93832600-1389900094_thumb.jpg

/>

I'm in the exact same situation. I just got my first bow, so it's going to be hard to draw the 9mm. Maybe if one charges me when I'm taking a leak I'll shoot it. What ammo you using in your 9mm?

/>

I'm in the exact same situation. I just got my first bow, so it's going to be hard to draw the 9mm. Maybe if one charges me when I'm taking a leak I'll shoot it. What ammo you using in your 9mm?

I reload Hornady 147grn XTP's

I probably will be accused of "cheating" but I have taken a number of pigs with my Savage Striker bolt action pistol in 22-250 caliber.

Longest shot was 169 yards.

One of friends/clients Ken Pierce uses the same gun but in 243 caliber. Here are a couple pigs he's taken.

post-11017-0-15593600-1390118103_thumb.jpg

post-11017-0-60714400-1390118163_thumb.jpg

His longest one shot take was 175 yards!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

New here, but an avid handgunner for many years. Will be in 20c for the ham hunt this year. Plan on using a 6br XP -100 custom and my son will use the same except in a 223

Nmhunter

firstcoueswas80: Sorry I just couldn't get it done with my 9mm. Yesterday right at dark I missed a 35 yard shot. Today I went out with both and took this one at 50 yards with my Brute.

post-5396-0-15238300-1392245976_thumb.jpg

• Like 1