Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Looking for a Squirrel Taxidermist

My 2 Son's have recently killed thier fist Squirrel's. I would like to have them mounted as a christmas present for them. Does anyone have any Taxidermist they would recommend for Squirrel's?

Thanks!

Adam

Taylor is a great guy. He has been doing my animals for years and boy is he very entertaining on his political views.

Taylor is a great guy. He has been doing my animals for years and boy is he very entertaining on his political views.

What is his contact info?

You might check into sending them to a freeze dry company also. Last time I remember it was way low cost to have them done. We sent Jim Heffelfinger to this guy in Colorado for a squirrel mount. World Fauna Taxidermy, out of Aguilar CO. I think the guys last name was Huffman. Just something to check out.

Kind of a random question, but what would it cost to have a squirrel done?

I'm not sure what I'm willing to pay. The problem is the mounts are for my kids so I will probably pay more than I would normaly pay for myself.

Adam

• Like 1

My 2 Son's have recently killed thier fist Squirrel's. I would like to have them mounted as a christmas present for them. Does anyone have any Taxidermist they would recommend for Squirrel's?

John O'Dell, the small game guy at AZGF, has collected every species/subspecies of squirrel in U.S. I was at Chris Krueger's (Krueger Creations) dropping off my sheep while John was there picking up a couple squirrels. A few days later I brought the sheep horns to G&F to get plugged, and John did it for me.That's when I found out about his squirrel collection. As an aside he told me Kris was the best sqirrel taxidermist he's ever used. But be aware, he is not cheap. IOW, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

John O'Dell, the small game guy at AZGF, has collected every species/subspecies of squirrel in U.S. I was at Chris Krueger's (Krueger Creations) dropping off my sheep while John was there picking up a couple squirrels. A few days later I brought the sheep horns to G&F to get plugged, and John did it for me.That's when I found out about his squirrel collection. As an aside he told me Kris was the best sqirrel taxidermist he's ever used. But be aware, he is not cheap. IOW, you get what you pay for.

I couldn't agree more Tony, Chris is the best small mammal taxidermist in the western states, and he is not cheap. I have had him do a coues buck (650) an open mouth javi (650) currently working on my elk (1300) and also working on my grey fox with habitat and two quail flushing (1500). BTW Nice Ram Tony

stop in to our showroom, we have a couple of squirrels there you can take a look at. we do quite a few squirrels each year.

Taylor made did mine about 3 yrs ago and I think it was like 250...... Don't skin em out though..... A lot of taxidermist won't take them if skinned.... Awesome work done