Sign in to follow this  
Jdubbs07

Back to back Coues in unit 4A

Hey everyone just thought I would share this years success with you all. Last year I was able to take my first deer ever. Luckily it was a coues. After being successful I decided to put in for the same hunt again hoping for a year of similar results. Well it was for sure similar and more. Due to a different job and work schedule i wasn't able to take as much time off for the hunt like i did last year. I only had friday, saturday, and half of sunday. I was nervous it wouldn't be enough time but as always i was just stoked to get out in God's country for a few days and hunt some deer. I ended up taking this buck sunday afternoon at the last minute i was still hunting before heading to camp to go home. I still don't know how I got so lucky to shoot him but I now have back to back bucks in this same unit. Its an awesome feeling. Anyways here's a few pictures of my bucks. They aren"t record bucks but they sure are dang rewarding to have and the some of the best venison I have ever tasted.

Congrats to all those who have tagged out and good luck to those who still have hunts left to come! happy hunting!

The first 2 pics are of my 2012 buck. The last 3 pics are of my 2013 buck.

post-9494-0-52895900-1383100181_thumb.png

post-9494-0-65656800-1383100607_thumb.png

post-9494-0-10458000-1383100622_thumb.jpg

post-9494-0-29574900-1383100636_thumb.jpg

post-9494-0-28331100-1383100653_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice job bro. Those are some great looking coues bucks to have taken these past two seasons. Congratulations on two great looking bucks, I can assure you that most members would be stocked to have any of them two under their belts. Keep up the good shooting.

• Like 2

Sweet buck.

• Like 1

Nice work! You did good. that's got to be a tough hunt in that unit

It's definitely a tough hunt for deer in that unit thats for sure. Because this unit has better draw odds I have put in numerous hours of scouting to find pockets of deer in there. So its rewarding to have taken two in there no doubt.

Congratulations on a nice buck, this year and last year.

• Like 1

That's a great buck for 5 minutes into opening day, let alone on the still hunt back to the truck to end your hunt! Sweet buck, Congrats

• Like 1