deernut

Deer of the Southwest

If you haven't heard about it yet, I have a new book out that I have spent 13 years working on. I cut no corners in putting it together so we'd all have something that was solidly based in science, but easy to read.

BookCoverfursmall.jpg

Here's what others have said about the book:

• “Jim Heffelfinger is fast becoming the authority on mule deer in the United States. His seminars on deer are routinely packed. If you are a deer hunter you NEED this book.” Todd J. Rathner, NRA Board of Directors and Chairman, NRA Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Committee.

• “Jim Heffelfinger has crammed a tremendous amount of information into this book. I found the book outstanding because of the width of coverage and the readability.” Dr. Wendell Swank, former director of the Arizona Game and Fish Department, and author of: “The Mule Deer in Arizona Chaparral” (1958).

• “…the ultimate source for understanding the history, management, and issues facing this resource. Jim Heffelfinger has solidified his reputation as the premier authority on deer in this region.” Barry Hale, Deer Program Manager, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish.

• “…a valuable firsthand tool for wildlife managers, professors, government agents, hunters, and every person interested in deer conservation and management on both sides of the border.” Carlos Hugo Alcalá-Galván, Wildlife Biologist for Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agricolas, y Pecuarias (INIFAP), Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.

• “Mr. Heffelfinger’s enthusiasm and dedication for natural resources has resulted in one of the most significant contributions to the field of deer biology and management in years. Presented in a clear and concise style, this book will prove to be an invaluable resource not only for the professional biologist, but the layman as well.” Clay Brewer; Mule Deer, Pronghorn, Bighorn Sheep Program Coordinator; Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

• “…the book is a great read, jammed with contemporary and historical information that’s presented in a readable, understandable manner that the average outdoor enthusiast can understand.” Arizona Republic (10/12/06).

• "Deer of the Southwest has a special place on my bookshelf--the one I keep for the books I refer to most often." David E. Brown, author of many southwestern books such as, The Grizzly in the Southwest, Borderland Jaguars, Aldo Leopold’s Southwest, Arizona Game Birds, and The Wolf in the Southwest.

• “Very well written, comprehensive in scope, beautifully illustrated, it will remain the standard deer reference for the region for many years.” Neil B. Carmony, author/editor of The Wilderness of the Southwest, Mexican Game Trails, Onza!, Tales from Tiburon, Man and Wildlife in Arizona & more.

DBplantpics.jpg

DBantlerchapter.jpg

Check out my website for info on deer and other southwestern wildlife. You can order a book by printing an order form (PDF) or just use a credit card and order on-line.

Thanks,

JIM

I heard about that book coming out. Can't wait to read it.

Order coming up.

Autograph my copy since I was the first to reply to your post.

Thanks,

Dan

Just printed the PDF. file and will drop a check in the mail today..

Can't wait to read it.

Thanks for putting out more info on Coues Deer , it's tough to find publications dedicated to Coues.

Doug

AzP&Y

Hey Jim:

Congrats on the new book! Looks like a good one....

Did Levi get a deer tag this year? My son Erik & a buddy's son got 36A junior tags this year. We'll be helping with the ADA Junior Camp again this year & of course hunting as well. Gabe will be camping with us also, so if you guys are out and about, be sure to stop by!

Regards,

Stan (Johnsen)

Hi Jim,

I bought your book from you about a month ago, and it is a fantastic book! Congrats on a great accomplishment! Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Mark

I ordered mine thru Amazon last week, should be here tomorrow. i'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for all your hard work there Jim.

I should be getting mine for christmas. The rest of you guys should be as smart as me and ask for it for christmas. I did the same thing for Extreme Coues. Can't wait!

Jim - Great looking book! I printed out the order form and asked my wife to get it for me for Christmas...

Jim, Congrats on a well written and well researched book. Nothing but "kudos" on this one, it's a must have for anyone interested in deer of the Southwest. Get yours while they last!!!

Ernest

Finished it again last night for the second time. Fantastic book.

It's hard to comprehend the level of detail in this book- which makes it all the more enjoyable...

I would say a must read prior to your upcoming coues hunt... ;)

AzP&Y

Sounds like a great book. Got mine ordered.