Sign in to follow this  
carpcody

Late Riffle Bull

Sitting here getting pumped for my hunt this weekend in 7E. Trying to go through all my lists and warm clothes to make sure I'm good. I'm a desert boy born and raised, just thinking of cold weather makes me shiver. The highs this week in flag are in the mid 40's with the lows around 20, how much snow melt do you think that will make? I'm not worried about the snow but the ice is a different animal...do you guys think that chains will be needed on the dirt roads up there? I just don't have very much knowledge on this stuff. Any input would be appreciated. Good luck to all you guys hunting this next week.

Chains are not needed. I have spoken with a few that live in and around flagstaff and most say there is very little snow. Be prepared for mud and more mud. Bring shovels and have nice smooth wooden logs in the back of your truck. Those will come in handy if you need to dig out of a mud bogg. Good luck on your hunt and be prepared for a muddy mess. hopefully it gets cold enough to freeze the mud.

Most, if not all, the snow will be melted by tomorrow near Bellemont. This will create muddy roads thou. Up high you will still have snow through the rest of the winter. Dress in layers to stay warm and bring a shovel. Good luck and have fun!

Most, if not all, the snow will be melted by tomorrow near Bellemont. This will create muddy roads thou. Up high you will still have snow through the rest of the winter. Dress in layers to stay warm and bring a shovel. Good luck and have fun!

You have to go 8 miles north of Bellemont to see snow.

See you out there. I have the same tag. I live in flag and it is pretty muddy. We got a lot more rain than show so don't underestimate things just because there is only a little snow on the ground.

Good luck out there Cody! Hopefully you'll be able to tag something.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I can do the mud it was just the ice that I was a little iffy on. Good luck to you too mpriest, hope the game plan is still good with all the weather. Thanks Kasdan for your help again.

Any luck in all this fog? It's tough to see anything in the evenings once it rolls in. Came close a couple times but couldn't make it happen yet