Sign in to follow this  
Kaffer62

2013 Leftover Tag

After not being drawn for deer, I picked up a leftover tag. I haven't had much time to write a story but here is a quick overview. We hunted the week hard, glassing up 20 bucks and countless does. I ended up missing a big buck on Sunday, but I can blame no body but myself. I ended up shooting right over his back, I would not like to go into details due to the fact it is still painful but it was a calculation error on my part. Buck fever right?? On the 2nd to the last day, I shot this guy. Nice little basket buck which will make some pretty tasty tamales. Another year in the sticks with my family is priceless. We are getting ready for a late rifle bull hunt this week. Good luck to all of the elk hunters out there!

post-252-0-39894100-1385437746_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That is a fine buck! Congrats and good luck on your bull hunt. ;-)

I hate missing. Is it better to have shot and missed or never got a shot at all? That is a question I've had to ask my self in the past.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with that buck. Congrats.

Thanks guys. It was another year out there with my dad which I am thankful for! Justin, I never taped him but I already dropped him off to have the skull cleaned out for a Euro mount.

Ha ha I see.... When I first saw him, his frame was clearly bigger than the other 2 bucks with him. Wider and taller with good mass. I originally guessed him to be mid 90's but I tried not to pay to much attention to his antlers. Didnt help though. All I know is he was a great looking buck.