Sign in to follow this  
hunter1026

winchester 88 value

My Dad has an identical one (in fact I shot my first deer with it a lot of years ago). I was with him in Cabelas in Phoenix and they had one in their "fine gun room" and they wanted close to a grand for it (if I recall correctly). I have no idea why. It took quite a bit of convincing on my part to keep him from taking his up to them to try and sell it.

all-original pre-64 m88's can be worth a grand or more-with a big boost for the ones in .284 and .358.

post 64 rifles like this one get a boost for .358-but winchester really flooded the market with them up until 1974 so no real price retention or appreciated value.

putting it on consignment in a shop in the areas frequented by midwestern winter visitors is how i moved a couple back in the 1990's. 500 would be a fair price for this rifle.

good luck,

lee

If your in the area let the guys at cabelas look at it. They could tell you where to start at.

I would not trust the guys at Cabelas just saying. Your better off looking online on what they are selling for, not what they are listed for and then determine the value.