Good for you buddy.

Spoken like a true Game and Fish man.

"The big bucks are! where you BUY them."

hawkeye, Why you got to start busten on LittleBear for what you figure is a g&f problem? If you think he is all about $ you are way wrong....And if you think lions are a problem, then what are you doing about it? LittleBear hunts and kills lions with a long bow.....What about you? P.S. I dont think lions have as much impact on deer as alot of people think, but drought plays a big row in how all wildlife acts.....All summer long I seen bear tracks were you would never see them before. And the most bucks I have ever seen in the flats. I think it is just how it goes out there with mother nature....And lions might just be out there too......Good luck and have fun. Terry

i have hunted lion and i am not a professional but i agree with wetmule . based on what i have come across and have talked to guys that tag lions for g&f and hunt lions for ranchers . that when two toms come across one another they will try to kill the other . they are very territorial. weve killed numerous toms out of the same canyon . when one dies another moves in the territory. so if they are in packs it most likely juveniles with females . females only tolerate their offspring for so long and when they kick the out they dont even want them in their territory its all about compititon for food for these lions just my two bits.

What you are failing to see is i know young lions from older lions. I am not making this up. I am seeing lions that are at least two years old running together. I am sure they are female cats and not toms. But i do know what i am looking at here and yes i see mother and baby up to about a year and that is not what i am talking about. I do not have proof other than what i have seen and hear of people seeing. When people are reporting 5 lions running together that is alot of young babies with there mom And if it is more than one mom with cubs than that is still a pack is it not. Even if it was one mon with all those cubs that is still a pack is it not. I never said i saw a pack of toms running together.

Good for you buddy.

Spoken like a true Game and Fish man.

"The big bucks are! where you BUY them."

hawkeye, Why you got to start busten on LittleBear for what you figure is a g&f problem? If you think he is all about $ you are way wrong....And if you think lions are a problem, then what are you doing about it? LittleBear hunts and kills lions with a long bow.....What about you? P.S. I dont think lions have as much impact on deer as alot of people think, but drought plays a big row in how all wildlife acts.....All summer long I seen bear tracks were you would never see them before. And the most bucks I have ever seen in the flats. I think it is just how it goes out there with mother nature....And lions might just be out there too......Good luck and have fun. Terry

25-06, sorry if it sounded like I was busten on LittleBear. I have no problem with him. He had just replied to a posting, about someone that contacted the GFD about the lion problem, and it sounded like he gave a pat GFD answer, about the natural order of things. All I said was that he sounded like he worked for the Game and Fish Dept. and what I thought about the AZGFD. The next thing I knew, he was calling me the "ignorant" public. That is when I figured out I must be right, about him working for the GFD. And that is what the AZGFD thinks about everyone who doesn't think the same way they do. "THE IGNORANT PUBLIC"

I'm not really that bad of a guy. I have just had it with the way the Game and Fish have treated all of us members of the "IGNORANT PUBLIC".

I think the solution is that everyone that hunts deer should buy a couple of hound pups. It would probably take a couple weeks to train them but from what I hear it's pretty much a piece of cake.

Do lions eat anything else besides deer? like javelina?

Does anything eat Javalina. :lol:

I think the solution is that everyone that hunts deer should buy a couple of hound pups. It would probably take a couple weeks to train them but from what I hear it's pretty much a piece of cake.

Do lions eat anything else besides deer? like javelina?

glad you asked... we had a lion, female, with a confirmed 13 coyote kills to her credit. she killed more yotes than most people do and now she is a rug. to bad for her.

What you are failing to see is i know young lions from older lions. I am not making this up. I am seeing lions that are at least two years old running together. I am sure they are female cats and not toms. But i do know what i am looking at here and yes i see mother and baby up to about a year and that is not what i am talking about. I do not have proof other than what i have seen and hear of people seeing. When people are reporting 5 lions running together that is alot of young babies with there mom And if it is more than one mom with cubs than that is still a pack is it not. Even if it was one mon with all those cubs that is still a pack is it not. I never said i saw a pack of toms running together.

i dont doubt what you are saying at all! if i can see a group of two lions, then anyone can! (all though these ones were not two years old, they were still lions together!) these cats were old enough to be out on their own with out momma, so they were somewhat mature.

i heard from someone( cant remember who it was but he has killed a bunch of cats) that something like 80% of the cats he and other people have killed have skunks in their bellies.

i heard from someone( cant remember who it was but he has killed a bunch of cats) that something like 80% of the cats he and other people have killed have skunks in their bellies.

That might just be to get the taste of the javelina out of their mouth!

"I'm not really that bad of a guy. I have just had it with the way the Game and Fish have treated all of us members of the "IGNORANT PUBLIC". "

You don't have to work for the Game & Fish to understand the "Ignorant Public". Just read the paper, watch the news, or "read posts on the web. "

Thank you ThomC, that's what I was gettin at.

I agree Breezy, every deer hunter should get a few hound pups and teach them to track lions. heck, just turn em loose in good deer country and they're lion dogs in no time, from what I hear.

firstcoueswas80 we have killed lions that their coats reeked of skunk juice. we have caught lions off of calf elk kills and deer also javalina , cattles desert monkeys pretty much anything they can catch they will eat. but mostly deer were we hunt.

Thank you ThomC, that's what I was gettin at.

I agree Breezy, every deer hunter should get a few hound pups and teach them to track lions. heck, just turn em loose in good deer country and they're lion dogs in no time, from what I hear.

all you gotta do is find a pack of lions

Does anything eat Javalina. :lol:

Lions love Javelina! One of the lions form the pack will marinate the pig in bbq sauce. Another member of the pack will boil the pig in the sauce. While this is happening another one of the lions will dig a pit bbq. The whole pack of lions will wrap the pig in burlap and then bury the pig in the pit . After that the pack will leave the stink pig in the hole and they all eat the sauce.