mattys281

2007 tag fees

Anyone have info on the 2007 permit fee increases? I'm not surprised to see tag prices go up, but almost 100%!? That seems a little outrageous to me. What are they trying to do?

The 2006 and 2007 tag fees are on pages 8&9 in the regs. Don't know where you see a 100% increase.

Antelope increased 21%, elk 46%, Sheep36%, Turkey59%, Jav 64%, and Deer 73% the most. The hunting license 27%.

Even at the higher rate, I still view the resident fees as a good deal for a great activity. The tag price is cheap compared to the other costs to go hunting.

In 6A, the increase in deer and elk tags alone will raise an additional 133,000 dollars. Maybe some can be put to hiring another wildlife manager and truck, and give a raise to the one WM who must cover all of 6A.

RR

The 2006 and 2007 tag fees are on pages 8&9 in the regs. Don't know where you see a 100% increase.

Antelope increased 21%, elk 46%, Sheep36%, Turkey59%, Jav 64%, and Deer 73% the most. The hunting license 27%.

Even at the higher rate, I still view the resident fees as a good deal for a great activity. The tag price is cheap compared to the other costs to go hunting.

In 6A, the increase in deer and elk tags alone will raise an additional 133,000 dollars. Maybe some can be put to hiring another wildlife manager and truck, and give a raise to the one WM who must cover all of 6A.

RR

I agree, but I don't think resident archery cow tag should be priced at $100. Just my opinion. I thought their big push was for hunter recruitment and retainment?

Yes!!! fun!!!! try this with 4 hunters in the family, and 2 more waiting on the #10 b-day. Its going to be real fun trying to get everyone who wants to hunt applied come Jan. I will be applying for 4 elk and 4 antelope. Add the cost of the licenses and that adds up real quick. And then again for the rest of the fall hunts, as at least 2 of us will be putting in for sheep this year. Not real fun when you add those prices up on a working mans salary. thats a big chunk of change.

Ouch is right....

AZGFD decisons to have Increases like this is one of the reasons the are chasing hunters out of AZ.

I recall how they always drag their feet when considering fee increases for Non Residents and thought that was just wrong for residents. So I decided I might as well apply as a NR the next time.

What do you think a fair price for an archery cow permit is??? Free!! What do you think the cost is to keep the rangers in the field and keep up with the cost of everything these days?? I think they are due to increase. They haven't increased very much in quite a long time so I have no argument about increases. Keeps the fair weather hunters at home.

What do you think a fair price for an archery cow permit is??? Free!! What do you think the cost is to keep the rangers in the field and keep up with the cost of everything these days?? I think they are due to increase. They haven't increased very much in quite a long time so I have no argument about increases. Keeps the fair weather hunters at home.

I agree with you - no argument with the increases.

I dont really have a problem with the price increase you have to figure that if you tag out. The amount of meat your getting per dollar is still pretty good. And of course its a great experience.

Keeps the fair weather hunters at home.

Nothing p*sses me off more than that attitude.

You might be right, that it might keep fair weather hunters from applying. However, anytime you add cost to something like hunting you are unfairly punishing those who are poor. It may not be at that point now for too many people, I just hope AZGFD keeps this in mind in the future. That hunting needs to remain a sport for everyone, not just for rich people. Hopefully we arent headed in that direction.

I could be wrong, but I think I paid about $17 for over the counter archery deer this year year & next years it's $35. THat's 100%. Again, I don't have the regs right in front of me, but I think elk went from 80 to over 120 (50%). I understand an increase, etc., but that still seems steep. Game & Fish is a gov. agency, but that seems like a commercial price gouging move to me.

I stand corrected. Archery deer went 19.50-34.75, a 78% increase. Apologies to anyone else I offended with my shotty math, but it's still steep. That's the one that primarily caught my eye, because due to my great luck in the draw, it's usually the only one I have in my pocket.

The topic of increasing tag costs comes up every year. One of the biggest complaints I have noticed are from the folks with familys where there are at least three people that want to put in. Something I started doing about three years ago that has helped me when it is time to turn in my applications. Go down to your bank and open a seperate account(free at wahington mutual). Whenever you go in to make a deposit into your main account, throw in twenty bucks or more depending on what you can afford into your "hunting" account. When it comes time for the draw you will have the money saved and on hand. I usally have enough each year to cover my fuel costs and other hunting equipment. I know it seems like game and fish want to make more money, but have you ever seen what a game ranger makes. Plus they have to do four years of college to get the job. I like to idea of the increases. I think it will weed out the weekend warriors that like to get away and do some drinkin and road hunting. David