firstcoueswas80

last day success

Went out with mr. azpackhorse and right away we got on a buck. glassed him up at 3/4 mile away and it was on. we made a text book stalk and when we topped the ridge where we had a good vantage point of the bowl he was in we ranged it at 280 yards. within 2 minutes we had the buck spotted and i was on him. dialed up the turrets on the WSM and adjusted for the wind and waited for him to present a good shot. we waited for about 15 minutes before he offered a shot. the first AND ONLY shot hit him exactly where i aimed... high shoulder shot and he dropped and didnt move a muscle. we started to freak out when we got there because we could not find the buck but we eventually found him. hes what some will call a "weener" buck, but im not a trophy hunter so it doesnt really bother me. he will taste good and im glad to hang my tag on him. he is a nice lil fork with some character. hopefully my guide can post some pictures.

thanks Brian!

Here ya go deer slayer!

caseyrifle2.jpg

caseypacking2.jpg

caseyintruckclose2.jpg

Good shot (yes, only one!!!!!!!)

I will let Casey give you the play-by-play. It was good hunt'n with you Casey..........................next time gas up your truck!!

Congrats Casey, looks like all your practice is paying off.

No his second coues was 11 :lol:

Great job on a last day buck guy's :D

actually, my second was about 60" my 3rd was about 11" and this is my fourth... in a row!

Ernesto, arent you proud! only one shot! and he rolled at the shot!

Congrats on the fine backstraps Casey.

Glad to see he's bigger than last years buck and the one shot kill is a move in the right direction also ;)

Casey likes the " there's still milk on the lips look" on his bucks!! :lol: :lol:

J/k with ya.. good job on gettin' your deer.. now start leavin some of those youngsters in the hills so they can grow up to be big boys.

Casey likes the " there's still milk on the lips look" on his bucks!! :lol: :lol:

J/k with ya.. good job on gettin' your deer.. now start leavin some of those youngsters in the hills so they can grow up to be big boys.

Thats too funny! :lol:

Scott, always something positive to say! i love it!!!! i passed on a lot of smaller bucks but i had to take this one on the last day! i did see two 90-95" but they were a mile away and moving to the thickest nastiest stuff around. saw them 2 days in a row in the same place but each day they were in a bad spot. put a stalk on them opening morning and found the smaller fork ( there was 3 together, and he was a 70" fork) and let him pass. had him at 308 and then again at 418 but let him walk.