Sign in to follow this  
AZBPMULEY

Yuma Mule deer hunting (desert deer)

I am new to the forum but not to hunting. I am new to hunting here In the area of Yuma and could use any info on good spots to start. i just got my wife a new bow and she is ready to get into it.

any help is appreciated,

The only thing I can think of is head closer to Gila Bend, along the river. Get up high like your in sheep country and glass the flats you wont see a lot but you could see a toad. I picked up 8 sheds on my sheep hunt in two days...good luck. Merry Christmas!

When I lived in Yuma we used to hunt the alfalfa fields. Hyder is where my brother hunted in oct with the rifle tag also I've seen some big bucks by the kofa mountains. Good luck and enjoy the desert. I miss it this time of year

I know its been 8 years, but I wanted to bring this thread back to life. I have been back and forth to Yuma since 2013 for work and I want to get serious about hunting the area for mule deer. I have been successful up north in the pines, but the hunting pressure has been getting insane. All the road hunters and recreation are driving me nuts. If anyone wants to team up I am in Yuma every week for a couple days and I have nothing but free time outside of work. I hunted north of Dateland before and saw 1 nice buck on the last day of the hunt back in 2014. 

10 hours ago, JakeUSMC said:

I know its been 8 years, but I wanted to bring this thread back to life. I have been back and forth to Yuma since 2013 for work and I want to get serious about hunting the area for mule deer. I have been successful up north in the pines, but the hunting pressure has been getting insane. All the road hunters and recreation are driving me nuts. If anyone wants to team up I am in Yuma every week for a couple days and I have nothing but free time outside of work. I hunted north of Dateland before and saw 1 nice buck on the last day of the hunt back in 2014. 

If you think the road hunting in the pines was bad, just wait until you see what’s out in Dateland 😂 my suggestion for you is learn the Kofa’s. If you are willing to walk a few miles, you will not see anyone else but will most likely see deer.