Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

My first archery kill!

Pardon my derpface... Lol

Well, not what I expected for my first archery kill, but I'll take it! These dove landed right next to me and coueskid this morning, one actually almost hit me in the face as it flew by. Saw two of them walking at about 12 yards and let one fly!

About 15 mins before this we had a whole covey of quail walk to within 10 feet of us while we were glassing. They spooked as I went for my bow. We got up, started walking and spotted them. Drew back and had one on the run moving left to right and just grazed the tail... Almost had a dove and a quail with a bow on the same morning!

post-11483-0-33938000-1388097339_thumb.jpg

Sweet shot. That AZ Black Rattler in your avatar looks like it has some attitude. I have never seen one that didn't. I've seen several in my favorite coues canyon and they are all nasty . . . and they look just plain mean.

/>Sweet shot. That AZ Black Rattler in your avatar looks like it has some attitude. I have never seen one that didn't. I've seen several in my favorite coues canyon and they are all nasty . . . and they look just plain mean.

This guy was the complete opposite! Never once rattled and only struck once at the stick I used to pick it up and move it off of Redington Rd. They are a killer looking snake though!

I think dove season by Federal law can only be 60 days. That's why 1st season is 15 days and 2nd season is 45 days. Oh, and awesome shot on that dove!!!!!!

Sweet shot. That AZ Black Rattler in your avatar looks like it has some attitude. I have never seen one that didn't. I've seen several in my favorite coues canyon and they are all nasty . . . and they look just plain mean.

The AZ Black Rattler is known as one of the least aggressive rattlers in AZ. I actually had one as a pet (ha ah, I know, not really a pet) for about 6 years.

And Great shot on the dove...