Sign in to follow this  
eom

37a frustration

Well today was the first day I was able to make it out for some archery deer hunting I was in 37a hunting the Newman peak area me and my dad where hillside at 630 waiting for the sun to come up, once it was up we glassed and glassed and glassed with no success the wind was pretty bad early on well a few years ago I watched a buddy rattle in a nice mule deer so I decided what the heck I'm gonna give it whirl well I rattled a couple times and nothing as we were getting up to move on my dad says don't move there's a buck..this buck came from behind us (downwind) and stopped 70 yards when he seen us get up he realized something wasn't right and booked it we watched him disappear into a thicket we gave him a while and tried to stalk in never did see him again but as we were walking in we were able to sneak in about 15 feet on a group of pigs which was pretty cool we decided to move on and come back once the buck had time to settle down so we moved to a new spot with no success when we returned to the spot we seen the buck there were trucks everywhere driving through the flats all over the place we moved down and hiked up a hill to do so,e glassine after 15 minutes we see a truck coming down the road just cruising well this guy gets to where my truck was parked and steps on the gas (he had diesel with aftermarket exhaust) then hits the brake before he slides into a cattle guard at this point I'm pissed get back to the truck move down the road and find the same thing people out driving through the flats ruining the hunting for people trying to actually hunt I have never seen so many people out there before I'm gonna sit the rest of the weekend out and go out during the week hopefully everyone is gone and I get back on this buck

Game and fish info directs all Javelina hunters to that area. I hunted 37a but not Picacho Mountains, Had a massive 3x3 at 69 yards...but couldn't seal the deal! Week days equal less pressure there.

You mean you want people to actually get outta their trucks and hike and glass??????? It amazes me that people actually shoot animals like that. I tried road hunting a few times and I never see chit....

I hunt Newman peak quite often and have never seen it like this its was nuts.... I don't see the point in road hunting especially while archery hunting you miss out on so much I just don't get it.... Yes I will definitely be waiting to hunt the weekdays if I had to go through anything like I went through today again I would probably send a broad head through someone's tires haha jk

Well today was the first day I was able to make it out for some archery deer hunting I was in 37a hunting the Newman peak area me and my dad where hillside at 630 waiting for the sun to come up, once it was up we glassed and glassed and glassed with no success the wind was pretty bad early on well a few years ago I watched a buddy rattle in a nice mule deer so I decided what the heck I'm gonna give it whirl well I rattled a couple times and nothing as we were getting up to move on my dad says don't move there's a buck..this buck came from behind us (downwind) and stopped 70 yards when he seen us get up he realized something wasn't right and booked it we watched him disappear into a thicket we gave him a while and tried to stalk in never did see him again but as we were walking in we were able to sneak in about 15 feet on a group of pigs which was pretty cool we decided to move on and come back once the buck had time to settle down so we moved to a new spot with no success when we returned to the spot we seen the buck there were trucks everywhere driving through the flats all over the place we moved down and hiked up a hill to do so,e glassine after 15 minutes we see a truck coming down the road just cruising well this guy gets to where my truck was parked and steps on the gas (he had diesel with aftermarket exhaust) then hits the brake before he slides into a cattle guard at this point I'm pissed get back to the truck move down the road and find the same thing people out driving through the flats ruining the hunting for people trying to actually hunt I have never seen so many people out there before I'm gonna sit the rest of the weekend out and go out during the week hopefully everyone is gone and I get back on this buck

that was me, seen a really nice buck. going to go drive around and hopefully find him tomorrow.

You going to Newman peak?? I will be there but not driving around

not sure where thats at, i honestly have no clue where were going dude never been to 37a before. but if theres nice deer in there i probably should lol

Newman peak is across the freeway from picacho peak hard place to hunt the deer are few and far between but there are some nice bucks running around

Newman peak is across the freeway from picacho peak hard place to hunt the deer are few and far between but there are some nice bucks running around

sounds like every other desert unit. were just going to look at some new country, have some fun. good luck

Found a nice spot in 37A that is at least a mile from the nearest 4WD trail. I hear you though, I can't hunt where there are roads nearby, I hate being surrounded by other hunters, even if it means they may push a deer towards me. Between the quail hunters and OHV/dirtbikers/cyclists, its hard to get away from all the noise and yuppies. Don't they know its bow season for mule deer? haha, year right.