Guest wdenike

COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL GREED AND ROBBERY!!!!!!!

Not to say Im happy with price increases, but its pretty naive to think that any agency or private company can continue to operate at a fixed income in perpetuity.

I am frankly surprised that members of this forum actually suggest that a private company could manage Arizona's game on a smaller budget and more affordable for the hunters; hunting would quickly become unaffordable for many of us in this forum. I happen to like the North American model for wildlife management and think what we have here in Arizona is pretty darn good. Talk to any resident of any western state and they'll all have the complaints about their wildlife management agency.

Truth be told, prices could be cheaper, but given the elk, mule deer, antelope and turkey population per capita of Az and nonresident hunters in Arizona compared to other western states, it could be worse. Check out the link below regarding elk numbers.

http://www.rmef.org/NewsandMedia/PressRoom/NewsReleases/ElkHuntForecast2011.aspx

Hunting is something I will always do, making financial sacrifices in order to do so.

If you dont like the prices now, make your voice heard TO THE DEPARTMENT before the next price increase, rather than after the fact, as evidenced now.

/>

/>

/>That's not satire...check my math. We as taxpayers are getting a bargain.

AZGFD at its finest...

Cool, anything x 0 is zero...

Zero like the number of sheep we will have in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFD

And

Zero like the number of Jaguars roaming unit 36B & C

No, 0 as in the number of valid points you have raised. First, you complained about tag fees and app fees...that didn't work so now we complain about sheep and jaguars.

Having a discussion on this forum is comparable to HERDING CATS. Stay on issue. Want to talk about jaguar and sheep in the Catalinas? Lets talk in a different thread...this one is about fees and the AZGFD

I'm pretty sure tag fees and app fees helped pay for the Sheep fiasco in the Catalina's and for the killing of an endangered species Jaguar. So AZLance is still on issue.

/>
/>
/>That's not satire...check my math. We as taxpayers are getting a bargain.AZGFD at its finest...
Zero like the number of sheep we will have in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFDAndZero like the number of Jaguars roaming unit 36B & C
No, 0 as in the number of valid points you have raised. First, you complained about tag fees and app fees...that didn't work so now we complain about sheep and jaguars.Having a discussion on this forum is comparable to HERDING CATS. Stay on issue. Want to talk about jaguar and sheep in the Catalinas? Lets talk in a different thread...this one is about fees and the AZGFD
I'm pretty sure tag fees and app fees helped pay for the Sheep fiasco in the Catalina's and for the killing of an endangered species Jaguar. So AZLance is still on issue.

Hardly

/>

/>

/>

/>That's not satire...check my math. We as taxpayers are getting a bargain.

AZGFD at its finest...

Zero like the number of sheep we will have in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFD

And

Zero like the number of Jaguars roaming unit 36B & C

No, 0 as in the number of valid points you have raised. First, you complained about tag fees and app fees...that didn't work so now we complain about sheep and jaguars.

Having a discussion on this forum is comparable to HERDING CATS. Stay on issue. Want to talk about jaguar and sheep in the Catalinas? Lets talk in a different thread...this one is about fees and the AZGFD

I never complained about the increase in tag or application fees, go back and look. I only complained how the department wastes the fees they collect. As far as I'm concerned, they should double the fees again next year. That will price many hunters out and maybe I can draw a elk tag more than once every 10 years and get my first Antelope tag after putting in for 16 years.

/>
/>
/>That's not satire...check my math. We as taxpayers are getting a bargain.AZGFD at its finest...
Zero like the number of sheep we will have in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFDAndZero like the number of Jaguars roaming unit 36B & C
No, 0 as in the number of valid points you have raised. First, you complained about tag fees and app fees...that didn't work so now we complain about sheep and jaguars.Having a discussion on this forum is comparable to HERDING CATS. Stay on issue. Want to talk about jaguar and sheep in the Catalinas? Lets talk in a different thread...this one is about fees and the AZGFD
I never complained about the increase in tag or application fees, go back and look. I only complained how the department wastes the fees they collect. As far as I'm concerned, they should double the fees again next year. That will price many hunters out and maybe I can draw a elk tag more than once every 10 years and get my first Antelope tag after putting in for 16 years.

Wonderful. But do explain the ~$125 vs ~$16 per resident price difference. Seems a bargain. Agency attempting to Increase hunter opportunity etc.

Not sure who came up with the $125 vs $16 price difference... you need to ask them to exain that.

But as far as a bargain goes, I agree that AZ fees are far too low to cover killing off an endangered species, and and an entire herd of Bighorn. Just think of what the legal fees are for defending the department for all the vilolations in the killing of Macho B. And I believe the legal fees are still ongoing as the case against the department by the feds is not closed yet.

But more important is what the cost will be to repair Hunters and the departments image in the eyes of the non-hunters after these debacles. These will be the people who will vote in the future to restrict hunting in this state. In my opinion it is pricless. The damage has been done and the writing is on the wall. And to top it off the department has now managed to piss off half of the hunters in the state. This is going to be a huge problem for us and the department doesn't seem to care.

• Like 2

/>While we are on the math stuff...

Fy2011 AZGFD budget $106,663,100.00

That breaks down to $ 8,888,591.67 per Bighorn Sheep that has been killed in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFD

Or

It breaks down to $106,663,100.00 per Jaguar that AZGFD has killed.

And if you consider the population of Jaguars in Wyoming which is 0 compared with the population of Jaguars in AZ which is some times 3. So you can see that we have to spend more to kill a Jaguar, because our population is 3x as much as Wyoming. And obvisouly since the supply of Jaguars is more in AZ the demand is much higher which explains why we spend more for dead Jaguars.

Hang on and I will crunch some more numbers and come up with the supply and demand for dead Bighorn sheep....

It breaks

Now that's funny right there haha

/> While we are on the math stuff...Fy2011 AZGFD budget $106,663,100.00That breaks down to $ 8,888,591.67 per Bighorn Sheep that has been killed in the Catalinas thanks to AZGFDOrIt breaks down to $106,663,100.00 per Jaguar that AZGFD has killed.And if you consider the population of Jaguars in Wyoming which is 0 compared with the population of Jaguars in AZ which is some times 3. So you can see that we have to spend more to kill a Jaguar, because our population is 3x as much as Wyoming. And obvisouly since the supply of Jaguars is more in AZ the demand is much higher which explains why we spend more for dead Jaguars.Hang on and I will crunch some more numbers and come up with the supply and demand for dead Bighorn sheep....It breaks
Now that's funny right there haha

The only thing funny is that you find it funny...

Carry on.

No no. . That's just funny. Really funny actually. It's funny that you don't think it's funny though.

Give me a fact and not an opinion.

AZLance gave us enough facts to prove azgfd is useless. Even backed it up with some numbers like you haha but I think this thread is all but done now. You can go back to strokin' it to the azgfd and we will continue to hate them.

Elk tag fees by state

AZ R-$185. NR-$825

NM R-$106. NR-$845

UT R-$311/$539 NR-$865/$1570

NV R-$168. NR-$1357

So NM is the cheapest for a resident to apply in. But let's compare a trophy unit in NM to a Trophy unit in AZ for elk. NM unit 15 gives out 1870 elk tags plus who knows how many landowner tags. AZ unit 9 gives out 800 total elk tags.

In Utah a resident can only apply for 1 species per year, still like that idea?

NV gives out very few tags and once you draw an elk tag there, your out for 10 years! You guys sure complain a lot without knowing what your truly complaining about. AZ residents have it pretty dang good!

• Like 1

AZLance gave us enough facts to prove azgfd is useless. Even backed it up with some numbers like you haha but I think this thread is all but done now. You can go back to strokin' it to the azgfd and we will continue STROKIN' EACH OTHER.

With that said, I agree it's done.