Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

reloading powder

Most likely due to the fact I have enjoyed one to many barley pops, I was scarily close to pulling the trigger on an 8 lb container of powder from an online source for $230 after hazmat fees. I know I would most likely be dead before I use up that much powder, but a small part of me thinks that things are not going to get better and I should just make the purchase so I have one less thing to worry about. Should I suck it up and get my wallet fleeced, or hope things get closer to what we use to consider normal? I average going to Sportsman's Warehouse once a week, and no matter what I am stopping by for I always go to the reloading section first. The completely empty shelves that use to hold powder is starting to weigh heavy on my soul. The length of this drought is starting to become worrisome. . . . I am convinced evil forces are at work behind the scenes.

Never mind, I went one step further. They charge shipping and handling. $250. Ouch.

$31.25 per pound don't sound that bad. I've beed paying a little more then that from my source for h4350.

Bruno's in Phoenix usually has a good selection of powder, but be ready to get bent over on price. They are usually somewhere close to 38$ a pound on hodgdon. so yeah the 31.25$ a pound does not sound bad.

Powder does not go bad just keep it stored indoors. I can remember buying H322 for $6 a pound and about double that for IMR 20 years ago. Everything goes up eventually.

I am cutting a deal for 8 lbs right now. It will kind of be halved with my buddy if his rifle likes the powder. I would use 8 lbs on rifle for sure. Pistol would much harder to use up.

I just bought some H4350 for 156.00 with shipping and hazmat it was 187.00 OTD. Check this place out. I have been seeing Varget, H4895, H4350, ALL the IMR powders, and even the 210 fed primers you will love this site. It is updated as soon as something comesin. The site watches some vendors that carry powder and when it pops up (varget H4350) you have about 20 minutes to order or all are gone. http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

/>I just bought some H4350 for 156.00 with shipping and hazmat it was 187.00 OTD. Check this place out. I have been seeing Varget, H4895, H4350, ALL the IMR powders, and even the 210 fed primers you will love this site. It is updated as soon as something comesin. The site watches some vendors that carry powder and when it pops up (varget H4350) you have about 20 minutes to order or all are gone. http://www.gunbot.net/reloading/Powder/

you wanna sell some of that h4350? :)