singleshot

Last Day Coues

My wife Suzy killed this buck on the last day of the ten day hunt in unit 31. We had really struggled finding deer during the previous days hunting. We ended up hunting country with a mixture of mule deer and whitetail. She passed on five smaller bucks earlier in the day before I glassed up this guy bedded. He was laying in the open but in the shade at around 12:30. He was laying facing almost straight away downhill at 230 yards when she hit him in the right ham. She was shooting a 257 Roberts with 115 grain nosler ballistic tips in front of 48 grains of AA3100. I thought he turned inside out on impact and made it a grand total of five yards. I recovered the bullet under the skin behind the offside shoulder. I was pleased with the penetration and the nice mushroom of this bullet. I had read stories of lots of meat damage and this was true. The hip was completely shattered into dust but the bullet held together and continued on through the far shoulder. I won't hesitate to shoot them again.

Gross score 97 5/8 net 94 3/8. Big bodied buck, very thick through the chest.

Suzy11-2006A.jpg

Suzy11-2006B.jpg

Wow he is a healthy buck. Very nice tell your wife congrats and that buck is one heck of a last day Buck. It even makes a great first day buck to me.

Very beautiful buck. Congrats to you and your wife. Good job with the pictures and story.

Outstanding Buck and Congrats to your wife. Sounds like a hard well earned buck!

Looks like the women are cleaning up on the COUES hunts this OCT and NOV!!!

I've seen more women posted taking quality bucks on this site than ever before!

AzP&Y

Doug

very nice buck! he looks like he is a gooood size bodied deer too! congrats! can you post a pic of the recovered Ballistic Tip? its rare, very rare to find a BT intact after hitting heavy bone!

Guest Ernesto C

Ggggggggssssssssssssss man! that's a nice buck and good shooting too. Congratulations to your wife and God bless you both...................man that's a beatifull buck.

Ernesto C

Real nice buck Bruce! I hope to find one like that for my wife's hunt coming up here in a few days. Same unit. There are some good ones out there. I took a pretty nice one out but the pictures are too big to post. He grossed a little bit over 100". But anyways, congratulations to your wife. I'd be proud of that guy!! He's a great buck.

Real nice buck Bruce! I hope to find one like that for my wife's hunt coming up here in a few days. Same unit. There are some good ones out there. I took a pretty nice one out but the pictures are too big to post. He grossed a little bit over 100". But anyways, congratulations to your wife. I'd be proud of that guy!! He's a great buck.

Hey Jeff,

I talked to John and your Dad one afternoon and it seemed we were all in the same predicament. Rusty told me that John and yourself had both killed nice bucks. I was glad to here that you both tagged out. It was almost a relief to here from John that you guys were struggling also because I know how hard you hunt.

Photo's are real easy to upload onto photobucket.com. Once you figure it out. I have never had to resize or manipulate any picture, it just seems to work.

Good luck to your wife on a great tag.

That's a beautiful buck no matter what the day. He'd be hard to pass on day one.

A big congrats to your wife. Love to see the ladies out huntin ;)

Beautiful.............Beautiful buck. Congrats!