Sign in to follow this  
Bradaet

Bullet stuck in rifle need help

I have a Weatherby mark V with a round stuck in the barrel. I figured I would fire the round the knock it out with a cleaning rod but the round miss fired. Is there any safe way for me to get it out?

Holy smokes! Good question, I'm curious on this as well. How far from the chamber or end of the barrel is it?

wooden dowels usually work just fine-hammer/mallet from the breech toward the muzzle. oak dowel better than softwood.

if it won't move with a wood dowel because of rusty bore(doubtful in this case) you can buy a brass rod in the barstock section of lowes or depot.

just hammer it out toward the muzzle.

lee

1- Are you able to eject the case ?

if so attack the bullet from the muzzle end and force it back the way it came

2- round is still intact with a punched primer and stuck in the breech.......... Holy s$@^#, cant help you !!! :o

if the projectile is lodged in the bore NEVER push backward toward the breech. you will be needing a new rifle if you do!

lee

gunsmith, rifle builder, handloader, owner of many fine rifles, been there, done that.

• Like 3

the bullet is stuck in the barrel. Obviously the bolt will not pull out the bullet. Primer is punched. I was going thru some reloads making sure the cycled and one didn't. So I really don't see a safe way to remove the bullet?

Will the bolt open or is it stuck closed with the round? If you can get it open you might be able to soak the primer in something to help make sure it goes inert before you start tapping the bullet out.

Is there a "safe" way, I don't know for sure but that is where I would start if the bolt will open.

Have had same happen in my 7mag. The wooden dowl or cleaning rod fixed my problem. Make sure you have something soft to catch it with an unspent load.

Did it freak you out? I dont know that I would have had it in the house like that

I don't know if this would have helped but I've had problems with brass sticking in a 7mm mag (and I mean STUCK). My go to is a chest freezer. Just drop the entire gun in for about 20minutes take it and cycle the bolt. 90% of the time this will pull it right out other 10% it needs a tap with the cleaning rod.

I actually think this was a tip I picked up here. It has to do with the differences in the brass and steel brass contracts more in the cold.