Sign in to follow this  
leprechaun

2014 Women's Javelina Camp

A very big thank you to Amanda, the mentors, and the cooks for all the hard work. Your dedication has made this weekend unforgettable.

I was lucky enough to fill my tag @9:10am Valentines Day. My wonderful hubby said all he wanted was a heart and I fulfilled his wish with his 50 cal Muzzleloader. My tag was 36c and this was the first time I had ever hunted this area for Javelina. We walked about a mile 1/2 following a wash and spotted the herd. I put on a short stalk and took an 80 yard shot and double lunged it. No tracking needed!!

For Saturday night, my hubby cooked the backstrap in Olive Oil and seasoning to share with the camp.

I definitely look forward to next years event!

post-8915-0-68636800-1392593889_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome! Good job Corrina (and Jerry)!! Congratulations on your Muzzleloader javelina.

Tommy

The camp was a big success! The ladies got four javelina total and although we hoped to get more, it was a tough hunt with it being so very hot. I will post more info and photos later.

Congratulations again Corrina on coming thru with a heart for Jerry. You couldn't have had a better mentor. It was good, as always, visiting with you guys on the hunt. That's a good picture of you and Jerry. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

• Like 1

Fantastic!! Congrats on your Javelina!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success! It was a tough hunt in many units just like Amanda said. I was around lake pleasant and it was HOT!

I agree with TJ, nice photo!