Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

closed

I'm glad you liked it, but I thought it SUCKED! I agree that ROSS OUTDOORS had one of the best booths & the Eastman's display was really nice, but the rest was very weak. I was shocked that Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's or Sportsman’s warehouse didn't have any representation. Very disappointing! I wish the expo had more venders selling products. The show was AWESOME the first year! Almost every hunting & fishing store in the valley had a booth. There was a ton of great stuff to buy & it was huge! In the years since that first year the show has gotten smaller & smaller. This year they combined it with the boat show. I remember when the boat show was down town at the civic center. It would take you hours to see everything. Not this year! Don't get me wrong. I enjoy going, but I would really like to see more local vendors and less African outfitters!!!!!! Just my 2 cents.

Adam

• Like 3

I agree with you Adam. It seemed a lot better when it was at the state fair grounds and everything was organized and separated. Now it feels like there is not as many local business and everything is so mixed up on the floor of Cardinals stadium that if you are looking for a particular booth it takes forever to find. It also seems like there are too many unrelated booths taking over selling time shares in Florida and cooking gimmicks and other non-hunting and non-fishing junk. The seminars they offer are fun and informative but are harder to listen to in the big open noisy over crowded stadium. At the last one I attended the dog trials were fun to watch as was the archery shoot off.

Ill be there tomorrow. if you see a guy walking around with a handlebar mustache, there's a good chance thatll be me.

We have noticed that the last several years it has been going downhill. Mark and I will be there Sunday morning 10a-2p working the AZ Elk Society Booth, then we will walk around, but figure it will only talk us a short amount of time if it is like last year.

Glad to here some of the post about the show saves me a huge trip. I was going to make a four hour trip there, but after some of the comments I will save it for another weekend. I will bring the wife & kids & they can go to the mall while I go to Cabelas & Sportsman Warehouse. Bass pro is alright but not compared to the other 2

ill be there tomorrow with my wife...its nice only being a 15 min drive after moving to the valley...I just want to look at the mounts.