TAM

Arizona looses court case!

Just read the thing myself, not only not good but my guess is since the G&F brass are not meeting until Friday July 16th, the draw results won't be in until sometime next week. it will take them a while to flesh the thing out. Maybe another contest on the date of the results-Hope it's before the hunts actually start. Like everyone else, I am getting pretty antsy-need to make plans with familwork and hunting partners. Good luck to all

Trufletch

unbelievable.hope this doesnt change the whole draw,a little late in the game,would think the judge would rule after this years draw since results are basicly in,thats why they have lawyers I guess.good luck to all,keep the faith

Just an added note, called some of my sources and found out that the draw had already been completed when this thing reared its ugly head. I was told the the ENTIRE draw will have to be redone. Might as well pull out the old pictures from past hunts and relive a few and continue with the preseason scouting and keep the faith that the draw will turn out well for all of us.

Trufletch

trufletch, good info,anyone know if we are going to challange this?How can it apply to a year already done? just crapped out,hard way to hunt,guess Im glad I bought a deer and bear tag on San Carlos this year. Steve

This really irritates me for a few reasons:

1. Why is Arizona being singled out when other states have quota systems?

2. Why did the G&F not move faster and release the results sooner knowing this ruling was close.

3. It is a possibility that I will never be drawn for bull elk.

A solution should be:

1.Raise the permit fees for non-residents to astronomical amount >$2000.00

2.Require payment to be sent in with the application

3.Make all states abolish quota systems

This should be appealed and since the outcome affects some many individuals, it should be heard quickly.

In the overall scheme of things, I got my health, family, and archery season starts soon enough.

Redman

Here are some question for everyoneto ponder.

Is arizona the only state that has a cap on tags for out of state hunters or are there other states that have caps in place?

Are there other states that have a law requiring you to be a resident of that state in order to participate in the hunts?

Can arizona put into law that you have to be a arizona resident to hunt game here in arizona?

Terry

Guest Lark Hubbard

i feel like i've been groin kicked. isn't lawrence montoya, tallman's toady that likes to call hisself griz? well, so much for being able to ever hunt kaibab or any other premium hunt in Az. i guess it wouldn't be appropriate to say what i really think about this here, but i think a couple guys just ruined it for every working man to ever even be able to think of hunting a good hunt in the state he lives in. hunting has just officially became a rich man's sport. this really makes me sick. we'll be lucky if they don't void the drawing and have another one. as it is now, i'm pretty sure the drawing has been done. that means that residents that got drawn will have their permit voided and given to a nonresident. we won't know whether or not we got drawn, but you can assume that a lot of residents are going to lose on this deal. a lot of states don't even allow non resident hunters, unless it's on private land. i think Arizona has been very fair in the way it accomodates non-residents. this is sure gonna make me look at any license plate from another state in a completely different way while i'm hunting. this is just a sad, sad deal. i apply for a lot of other states and seldom get drawn. it's always premium hunts on public land. i understand the odds and accept them. now, if you've got the money, it looks to me like you can pretty much be guaranteed an Arizona permit. tallman has wanted to be able to flood the drawing with nonresident applications and now i guess he can. we've already had to pass laws to stop him from hunting the way he likes too, with airplanes and such. now we get this stuffed where it hurts. dang this is a rotten deal.

It's a drag for sure.....

Redman, here's my answers to your 3 questions: 1) Because AZ has the BEST public land elk hunts, and USO wants to bring as many of their clients as possible here. 2) Likely wouldn't have mattered if the results were already out, they probobly would have had to re-do it anyway. Sounds like the judge didn't really care if the draw was done already.... 3) Sadly, yes.

S.

:angry:

This day went to crap real fast, I was coming back from a job in Wickenburg when the azgfd page is updated on my computer and I glanced over and seen it, I pulled over and read that crap. I switched over and posted the link on the other thread and I could not think of nothing to say. I think this delay could ruin a lot of hunters plans, time off work etc. It wouldn't surprise me if these people also try to get the judge to allow more time for out of state people to apply for more tags.

It sucks that this hunting season will now have lawyers and more money(millions of dollars) spent on this crap, and they thought they were saving money not having to mail out our pink slips. Arizona should only allow out of state hunters to apply by mail from now on, if it's all of us oh well, I would say to raise the prices on out of state tags, but that only hurts the hunters that probably are'nt involved in this anyway.

Good Luck and God Bless

AT LEAST ARCHERY IS STILL OVER THE COUNTER { FOR NOW }

I pay state taxes to take that takes care of the Elk and Deer not non residents does anyone know how to send a comment to that dike governor of Arizona. So I can ask why I pay state taxes.

Any Vehicle I see that says "USO Outfitters " on it Is going to loose there tires. Or...When I am out in the woods hunting any vehicle I run into with a out of state license plate is also going to loose there tires. All of us who live in arizona have the right to hunt arizona first. A fag in California should not be getting your bull elk tag. We Come First!

More than likely, within a year or two Az will probably drop all caps AND raise non-resident fees substantially. Most of the western states who have caps will have to follow suit. Generally these cases are played out in one or two jurisdictions and then the other jurisdictions follow suit rather than battle their own lawsuit.

I would think AZG&F could appeal to the 9th Circuit Court in San Francisco but I don't imagine it would be a good gamble with tight budgets and liberal judges.

On the bright side, the non-residents won't have any better odds than us residents to draw but Game & Fish would see a nice boost in revenues if they raise the fees for non-residents substantially.

Sure does suck for all of us resident hunting nuts who have been impatiently waiting for the draw to make our fall/winter plans! Especially for those who applied for hunts on the Kaibab or Paria.

I guess I am going to have to find me a Boone & Crockett Tarahumara Frog to help forget about deer and elk hunting days that will likely be more scarce than ever in this state.

couesdiehard

p.s. I will do my best to attend tomorrow's meeting.

If they redo the draw dont they have to let you know if you were originally drawn,if not ,is there a way to make game and fish give up that info,id it effects all of us hunting from arizona we should have the right to know,hate to say it but if I was drawn after waiting for years and then it was reversed I would want to know ,thats my legal right is it not? just angry that a few unethical guides concerned with making money off a state they dont live in can ruin it for the rest of the hard working hunters here and outside this state. Steve

Guest Lark Hubbard

is there a way to email the g&f or the comission? there is something i'm interested in seeing. if the drawing has been completed, and i'm pretty confidant it has, i would like to see a list of the residents who were drawn and then lost their permits and a list of the nonresidents who got them. does this sound unreasonable?