BeardownAZ

Sad Society

/>I understand you guys love your dogs but the stats are pretty scarey:

from http://www.livescience.com/27145-are-pit-bulls-dangerous.html

"But do pit bulls deserve their reputation as vicious "attack" dogs? An overwhelming amount of evidence suggests they do.

A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds"

Well that study shouldn't be considered suitable evidence, first, it was recorded in Philadelphia, second, Michael Vick. Enough said...

Regardless of the dog breed responsible for the damage to the boy's face, It sickens me that so few people want to help the boy and only ~1200.00 has been raised for the boy while the dog has support pouring in from all over, including the lawyer and a defense fund.

Seems to me the child is the victim here and can use all the love and support to get through this hardship rather than making this a fight about the dogs life.

As bad as it sounds, We are already paying for the kids care. Purely speculative but the article implies this kid is an anchor baby to an illegal immigrant mother who had to quit her job because she has no other family in the country. So, we are all already giving our money involuntarily. I hope all the adults involved are charged with child endangerment and neglect and, if their immigration status warrants it, deported. I hope the child is taken away and placed with a family that will properly care for him.

-Flame on.

If my boy were mauled by a pit bull (or any dog for that matter), the dog would die regardless of what the court decided.

• Like 2

If i saw any kid being mauled by a pit bull the dog would die. If it was my kid the dogs owner might die as well.

• Like 1

/>

Regardless of the dog breed responsible for the damage to the boy's face, It sickens me that so few people want to help the boy and only ~1200.00 has been raised for the boy while the dog has support pouring in from all over, including the lawyer and a defense fund.

Seems to me the child is the victim here and can use all the love and support to get through this hardship rather than making this a fight about the dogs life.

As bad as it sounds, We are already paying for the kids care. Purely speculative but the article implies this kid is an anchor baby to an illegal immigrant mother who had to quit her job because she has no other family in the country. So, we are all already giving our money involuntarily. I hope all the adults involved are charged with child endangerment and neglect and, if their immigration status warrants it, deported. I hope the child is taken away and placed with a family that will properly care for him.

-Flame on.

I see your point, and Im not debating the source of healthcare and well being for the child; its the principle of the dog becoming the focal point for puclic outcry and defense, not the child.

moral and ethical code should place human life higher than that of animals, regardless of creed, color or sex. Maybe thats just too forward thinking of me....

I've only had one pit bull before, and she was a very good dog, sweet, but she wasn't the smartest, and I remember that when one of my friends would come over, and he has long hair, she would knock him over and bite/pull his hair. it wasnt real aggressive, we were only like 10 yrs old at the time. she must have just liked his shampoo!

and I don't understand why there isn't as much support for the 4 year old boy that was mauled to within an inch of his death. we are talking about a human and a dog, its a dog, you can go out and buy another, you cant go out and buy a new kid. I say you put the dog down, then have a deputy swing by the house of the owner of the dog to make sure there isn't any dogs living at the home, and make sure that she is never allowed to own a dog again....

It's not the dogs fault or the kids fault. It's the fault of any and all adults that were there that day and put the child in that situation. I would have shot the dog just purely out of instinct to save the child but its the parents responsibility to not put their child in any situation to risk injury to them. I have two 110 pound dobermans that are good gentle dogs but i treat them just like my guns. When a child comes into my home i separate them from the dogs so that there is no risk of a child being hurt. Thank god the kid is still alive and i will bet his parents will never leave him unsupervised again.some people learn the hard way.

This is exactly how people should treat it. I dont care how loving or sweet an animal is, they have different instincts and triggers that we dont always understand. Its not there fault its just how nature wired them. Dogs and kids together make me nervous. But at 5 years old, I watched a friend get bite badly by my families dog, so i am probably biased. And Yes the dog was killed immediately. Animals are great but like alot of things require responsibility and respect, just like firearms.