TAM

Treestandman - Accident!

Get well soon and thank

god for it could have been worse!

Jim

Mike, I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. You are in our prayers. Daryl Swain

I spoke to Mike this morning. He had surgery on his leg/knee yesterday, and he was a little grogy from the pain meds. He hopes to get out of the hospital Monday or Tueday. Then he will need some recovery time for his back and shoulder. He very much appreciates your prayers. Drop him an email and let him know that you are praying for him.

Mark

Thank you for your prayers everyone. Just got back from the hospital last night and things are going pretty well. Because my right shoulder was dislocated the earliest I'll be able to bowhunt sanely will probably be September. I really appreciate the visits and phone calls from a few of you on this forum who know who you are!

Mike

Hang in there Mike, and welcome to the club!!

I fell 15 feet 30 years ago, also from a treestand - but while climbing down. Landed on my upper shoulders/neck and broke - in all - 7 vertibrae.

I'm glad I didn't break a leg or dislocate a shoulder!!

Show off!!!

Now you get to take a time out, relax, and think about what is important in life.

Count your blessings, buddy. I'm glad you're there to read this e-mail.

Mike

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...a&noImage=0

Here is a the exact stand I was using. I was swinging one of my legs down from the platform onto a screw in treestep and used the metal armguard as my hold. I had originally tightened both arms very tight but I guess the bolts had loosened over time. The armguard came right off throwing me off balance and gravity did the rest. If anyone uses a stand similar to this, I would recommend checking the bolts every time.

Mike,

Have you or someone else had a chance to examine the stand? Do you know if a bolt come loose, or possibly the stand had another kind of failure? Could the arm just have broken off?

Mark