elkhunter

2006 Coues deer

Opening day found myself waiting for the light to come up, I got to my spot wayy to early. As the light came up all I could find was a bunch of does and 3 bucks that just wouldn't be worth shooting, the biggest being a mid-70's.

Second day: My dad arrived at camp and we headed out into the dark. As the sun rose we found does everywhere and finally found a buck, this buck was a smaller 3x3 that again wasn't worth shooting in a Dec hunt. We moved down the canyon a couple hundred yards to glass at a different angle. Less than a minute into glassing I spotted a buck belows us across the canyon, as soon as I saw him I knew I wanted him so I grabbed the rifle and rangefinder while my dad stayed back to watch the buck, I slithered into a 219 yard shot opportunity and the buck was facing me at this time. I wanted to shoot him before he decided to take off running, my first 2 shots missed to the right by a few inches due to pulling the trigger, the buck took off running and my 3rd shot put him down on the spot. This is my biggest buck yet and is 16 1/2 inches wide! Time to get ready for archery javelina

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

My dad and I

IMG_1078.jpg

Congratulations. It is great to see your posts, as we have always enjoyed them. But it is better to you and your father out together.

Great Buck!

That is an excellent buck, congrats to you and your dad. Good job on putting the December tag to good use.

Dang dude, either your real small or thats a BIG buck.....I think it's a big buck and big congrats on such a deer :rolleyes: You gunna have it mounted ?

Thanks guys!

25-06--- just gonna do an eruo mount, this buck was 100lbs field dressed so he was a heavy-un, he's a mack daddy compared to the other bucks i've carried out

Awesome buck! Nice story and one time where holding out has paid off! 100lbs must have felt pretty light on the pack out as I bet you were stoked with such a big one!

Score?

Thanks guys!

25-06--- just gonna do an eruo mount, this buck was 100lbs field dressed so he was a heavy-un, he's a mack daddy compared to the other bucks i've carried out

Eruo mounts are always cool lookin...My buddy Steve always said he aint gunna mount nuttin tell he gets a 100+ buck, well this past Nov. hunt he shot a 95 5/8 buck and did a eruo mount and the rack looks twice as big as it did before the cape came off... Post a pic when its done and once again congrats.

Great buck man. Only one thing missing in this hunt photos. That is your hat. You have the pant's but no hat. Did you forget it at home.

Great buck man. Only one thing missing in this hunt photos. That is your hat. You have the pant's but no hat. Did you forget it at home.

Huh? Don't you mean "sleeves"?

Bill Quimby :)

Great buck congrats! Glad to see his rack matches up with the rest of his anatomy ;)

Awesome buck! Killing your biggest buck ever is an incredible feeling, thanks for sharing it with us.

Great buck and photos. Congrats. Thanks for sharing your hunt with us. What did he score?