couesmagnet

750 - 1000 wolves planned in Az; meeting planned this weekend

Anyone here planning on going to the meeting this weekend. Forget about credit card hits in the future boys and girls, we wont have any elk to hunt. Meeting is at g and f on carefree highway from 8;30 to 5:30 tomorrow.

• Like 1

/>

Anyone here planning on going to the meeting this weekend. Forget about credit card hits in the future boys and girls, we wont have any elk to hunt. Meeting is at g and f on carefree highway from 8;30 to 5:30 tomorrow.

Unbelievable. I hope they have a live feed for the meeting setup.

That is way more wolves than we can support. Idaho had the second largest elk population in the country prior to reintroductions. It has plummeted since. AZ would be decimated by this kind of wolf population.

• Like 1

We won't have to worry anymore about the g and f issuing to many tags, or if we might get a tag next year anymore if this stuff goes thru. You can forget about worrying about population numbers now if this goes thru. You can forget about your kids having any chance of drawing in the future. tags will go down my a margin of 50 percent if they reach the numbers the usfs. wants here. Oh and the kaibab is on the list too. This is the single most important thing we as hunters in az are facing, there isn't even a close second issue. if you think the sheep thing was ugly just wait for the wolves in the 1000's.

/>We won't have to worry anymore about the g and f issuing to many tags, or if we might get a tag next year anymore if this stuff goes thru. You can forget about worrying about population numbers now if this goes thru. You can forget about your kids having any chance of drawing in the future. tags will go down my a margin of 50 percent if they reach the numbers the usfs. wants here. Oh and the kaibab is on the list too. This is the single most important thing we as hunters in az are facing, there isn't even a close second issue. if you think the sheep thing was ugly just wait for the wolves in the 1000's.

+1 This is a big deal

Heck, you think coyotes are decimating the numbers of game in the state? Just wait till the wolves take over. No more hunting. No more shooting. Buy a BMW and take up golf. Excuse me I just threw-up in my mouth.

• Like 5

Guys we spend more time arguing over trivial stuff all year long, including myself. This is a chance to argue with our actual foe, not ourselves. This will ruin the state. Get angry about this cause everything we argue about now is like the size of a mouse terd compared to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

When I think about it, I do not think there is any way in H-E-double hockey sticks that this state could sustain a 1000 wolves. Just no way. That's gotta be a mistake. I've seen the damage a dozen wolves can do on wintering herds. Yikes.

You have a link to the meeting info?

I'm sorry brother, but i don't. I just learned about this on another site and it said to contact the arizona elk society for more info. How could all this info be available on a national site, but not on a site that's dedicated to arizona hunters. Get the word out.

Heck of a thread title, you have some additional information we can read or we should take your word for it?

The current wolf program couldn't support putting 750 wolves into Arizona. Not enough wolves from the captive breeding program available.

Wolves won't go into the Kaibab, that rumor comes up every few years. Game and Fish and the Commission won't support it and it's not an area identified in the recovery plan. Just because some people in Flagstaff and Tucson signed a petition doesn't mean it'll happen. Stop being chicken littles and get your facts right before you start getting people all worked up.

This is a sensitive subject for a lot of folks on both sides of the issue, best thing we can do is be smart and be informed to have solid info for arguments and getting other sportsmen and women involved and talking as one voice.

• Like 1

Heck of a thread title, you have some additional information we can read or we should take your word for it?

The current wolf program couldn't support putting 750 wolves into Arizona. Not enough wolves from the captive breeding program available.

Wolves won't go into the Kaibab, that rumor comes up every few years. Game and Fish and the Commission won't support it and it's not an area identified in the recovery plan. Just because some people in Flagstaff and Tucson signed a petition doesn't mean it'll happen. Stop being chicken littles and get your facts right before you start getting all worked up.

If you want to see the info i just read then go to monster muleys under the az section so you can read what i read. I was just trying to get the word out.