Great story of a first hunt to go with the pics. Knowing Richard and Gabe, I can only imagine how happy they are for Jori. Her encore is gonna be tough though. I believe Gabe said he scored it at 116 2/8 gross.

RR

This buck is surprisingly symmetrical (sp) i taped him out at 116 4/8. hes a toad, long main beams and great tine lenght! hes awesome! good shootin Jori! ;)

WOW! Awesome buck and great story. Congrats to her.

Amazing story and a great buck. Congratulations. Hope to help my wife nail a "Toad" next year... she got out on her first deer hunt this year and loved it, didn't get a shot but loved the experience.

I have only had the chance to "see" a few deer in that size range, much less shoot one that big. Nice job getting a first timer a buck like that. By the way firstcoueswas80...do you know that a tortuga is a turtle? I think you meant to say "sapo".

JVS, i am a minor in spanish in college, been takin it for 6 years, i know what Tortuga means ;)

Her husband and i call 'toads' (big ole bulls, nice bucks and the like) Tortugas, kinda a inside joke if you will.

Good job Jori! That's a beautiful buck. You could hunt a lifetime and never even see one like that!

You had good guides. I remember Joe from Laquachi when it was an active archery club, and as I recall, the entire Canizales clan are dedicated and expert hunters. :D