Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Bartlett, Horseshoe Lake and dam.

Went out in my inflatable pontoon row boat Saturday to Bartlett. Was on the water at Yellow Cliffs at 6am. Came into a few bluegill around the sticks. No crappie at all for me or the 3 boats I talked to.

Went to Horseshoe Lake. Water was clear. No bites, and the wind was killing me.

Tried my luck below the dam. Put my little row boat in and sat on the sand bar away from everyone. Ended up catching 32 channel cats. Kept 12. All caught on raw shrimp and hot dogs. Biggest was about 6 pounds on the East side of the Dam. All others were in the 2 pound or smaller range. The bite really slowed down by 11am.

Went to Red Mountain pond Sunday night with 2 shrimp, flash light and a dip net. Caught 27 crawdads. I only targeted the bigger ones. Would have had more; but the flashlight died on me. Only took pics of the crawdads.

post-3620-0-91552800-1396903099_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-83299900-1396903120_thumb.jpg

post-3620-0-79007600-1396903139_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sound like a good time catching the cats. Anybody you talked to catching any flatheads James? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

TJ, everyone I talked to were after crappie or bass. I saw 2 guys in their 20's catching bass with some type of jerk baits. I watched them catch about 15 total in about a half hour. They were on shore across from Yellow Cliffs.

Never fished there. Been wanting to for a few years just been too busy.

/>Went out in my inflatable pontoon row boat Saturday to Bartlett. Was on the water at Yellow Cliffs at 6am. Came into a few bluegill around the sticks. No crappie at all for me or the 3 boats I talked to.

Went to Horseshoe Lake. Water was clear. No bites, and the wind was killing me.

Tried my luck below the dam. Put my little row boat in and sat on the sand bar away from everyone. Ended up catching 32 channel cats. Kept 12. All caught on raw shrimp and hot dogs. Biggest was about 6 pounds on the East side of the Dam. All others were in the 2 pound or smaller range. The bite really slowed down by 11am.

Went to Red Mountain pond Sunday night with 2 shrimp, flash light and a dip net. Caught 27 crawdads. I only targeted the bigger ones. Would have had more; but the flashlight died on me. Only took pics of the crawdads.

NCM_0401.JPG

NCM_0402.JPG

NCM_0403.JPG

Mud bug feast!!!

nice!

james