Sign in to follow this  
Hornhunter247

NM back door open

Log in and see if you can add a private deer tag to your cart. It tells me I already have a deer tag issued. Also my dad only put in for elk and opted to refund his license fee if not drawn. Won't let him add a hunting license to his cart, says he's already purchased one. Still antsy here, but at least I know I'll be hunting at least a couple hunts here this year!

Right on Brian! Your going to be busy this fall! Hey PM me your # I'm going to be in the Permian for a few days, middle of May.

Yup already says I have a deer license when I try to add the private license to my cart. Haha haven't told the wife I even put in in New Mexico. Better to ask forgiveness then permission in my book.

Shane you have to log into your account and go to 'buy licenses' try to add a private deer license to your cart. It will tell you you already have a tag if drawn and won't let you put in your cart. Good luck!

I tried this on deer and it said I already had a tag. My first 2 choices were rifle whitetail and Muzzleloader whitetail. Keeping my fingers crossed until the results are out.

So did I.

We will see.

Huh...is there anything about how landowner tags are sold that would make using this "backdoor" method (unfortunate naming, by the way), not work for non-residents? I would be strange to have so many NRs draw. Did you put your daughter in for NM this year? Does it show anything different for her?

Yes, Court's appt said the same thing. It would be cool if it did work but I have the same reservations. We both put in for units that has like 2.5 tags per hunt for non-residents. That would be pretty awesome. That being said, the last time we drew New Mexico, Court got a burro's youth hunt and I drew the burro's archery hunt. It could happen.

Brent

• Like 1

Yes, Court's appt said the same thing. It would be cool if it did work but I have the same reservations. We both put in for units that has like 2.5 tags per hunt for non-residents. That would be pretty awesome. That being said, the last time we drew New Mexico, Court got a burro's youth hunt and I drew the burro's archery hunt. It could happen.

Brent

I requested a license refund if not drawn. I just went into my account, and I am now able to print off a 2014 hunting license that says it has a purchase date of April 19th. So.....???

Brent

I requested a license refund if not drawn. I just went into my account, and I am now able to print off a 2014 hunting license that says it has a purchase date of April 19th. So.....???

Just noticed that my post said that I could "not" print off a license...that should have read "now" print off a license.