Sign in to follow this  
520HUNT

Jaguar in the Santa Ritas

Those comments are ridiculous! People don't know the difference between jags and lions, between the Santa Rita's and the Catalina's, think that the jag is just gonna run across town to go eat some sheep that they'll magically smell and cross town to get to? Good lord...

I know the guy who found the original set of tracks, and later found another set many many miles away. He has set out some trail cams in the area. Just got an email update from him yesterday on the whole deal. Sounds like they have huge territories, up to 100 miles. Sounds like a neat study.

If I remember correctly, the Santa Rita jag is the same one somebody treed while lion hunting near the whetstone mts by Benson. By the next year it had traveled out of the mts, across the desert and hwy 83, and found a home in the Ritas.

There were pictures of this Jag in the Santa Ritas long before it was treed in the Whetstones... I might even know the guy who got those pics...

• Like 1

/>There were pictures of this Jag in the Santa Ritas long before it was treed in the Whetstones... I might even know the guy who got those pics...

I've seen them on the station intranet.... Apparently that dude gets paid, by the government to run trail cameras.