Sign in to follow this  
JMP

What is your favorite bow brand? - archery market research

What are your favorite two bow brands? - just market research  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite two

Hoyt and Mathews may be "blown" away by most in the speed world, but they own the accuracy and comfort world. No one wins squat in the target world besides Hoyt, Mathews and a few PSE shooters.

Can't miss fast enough to make up for forgiveness.

• Like 1

Hoyt and Mathews may be "blown" away by most in the speed world, but they own the accuracy and comfort world. No one wins squat in the target world besides Hoyt, Mathews and a few PSE shooters.

Can't miss fast enough to make up for forgiveness.

The target world doesnt really mean much to hunters. Hunters out west need a bow that is fast, comfortable, and accurate to which Bowtech owns that market. The target world and hunting world should not even be mentioned in the same conversation as the bows are completely different.

I am so comfortable with my Mathews Drenalin I have no need to buy a bow yet. Yes, I shot my sons new Hoyt. I just like my Mathews.

I love my hoyt but since my injury I have a harder time controlling my alpha burner and have switched to elite and I wish I would have changed a few years ago, this part wont make many friends but I have to say I am very disappointed in the new bowtech they look cheap and one of the worst grips I have ever held, just looks like something that a toy company made.

I need to jump in and give Mathews a vote here... I love Mathews, always have. Industry leaders IMO.

Industry leaders 10 years ago maybe. They're slow bows with the same ol boring solo cam and stupid grip. At least they started getting lighter. Almost every other bowmaker has blown them away in the last 5 years. They try to catch up with their dual cam series but those are still years behind most of the competition.

I'm missing something with this post... I absolutely agree with you as far as their lineup (Mathews) the past few years with the helium, the creed, and creed xs definetly not built for speed. But Mathews put out a 360+ IBO bow five years ago along with PSE @ 366, where was bow tech then? Destroyer 340 then in '10 came out with the D350 now in 2014 everybody is getting all hyped up over the Overdrive360

Sorry bow tech your still not faster than PSE or Mathews. I'm not bashing BT, just don't understand the statement, and AverageJoe I know you know your sh*t when it comes to archery so it leaves me scratching my head.

Anyways I've done some research on these Obsession bows and I'm definitely impressed, one of these days I'm going to make it out to Wickenburg to shoot one.

Mathews

HaHaHahaha!!!

2013 MR5

105 yards

My MR5...not at 105 though. Tack driving SOB

post-2501-0-06722200-1398492375_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-29446200-1398492422_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This thread asked for your favorite bow. Mine happens to be Bowtech... Yes I own a bowtech, but I own one because when I was shopping for bows I shot them all and Bowtech was my favorite (makes sense huh?). That doesn't mean Matthews are junk, or Hoyt are crap. I just happen to like the Bowtech the best. Good ideas, good designs and innovation. They come out with ideas that other makers copy. Binary cam design, flexible cable guards, hardcore limbs, center pivot limbs, ect