Couestracker

Finding remote graves

If you find a remote grave that has at least a name or date, go to this site, it's called Find a Grave- www.findagrave.com -it's a cool site, you'll need to register (free) but I was able to find info on a grave I found, because it was already registered, and I added a picture of another grave that was also registered, but no one ever posted a picture of it. Plus I registered a grave I found, with a photo. The way the site works is anyone can add information to help create a record.

• Like 2

Which grave did you add a photo of? I've used that website many times.

I'm always poking around mining camps and ghost town's cemeteries. There's about 20 unmarked graves at Brunkow's Cabin in Cochise County, alone.

The Arizona Pioneer and Cemetery Research Project is another great resource. www.apcrp.org

• Like 2

I'm always poking around mining camps and ghost town's cemeteries. There's about 20 unmarked graves at Brunkow's Cabin in Cochise County, alone.

The Arizona Pioneer and Cemetery Research Project is another great resource. www.apcrp.org

I posted a photo of the grave of Fred Lobley, located in Pinery Canyon, Cochise County, also a second photo of the grave of Frank Hands, also in Pinery Canyon. Thanks for the link to the other site. I found a grave that I cannot identify, real nice marker with the name spelled out in quartz pebbles, I'll try to find the picture of it and post.

Oh ya, where's Brunkow's Cabin located?

On Charleston Rd just about a mile above the San Pedro, se side. Fascinating stories there and lots of massacre's.. It's also the oldest Anglo structure in AZ. I'll link to it after breakfast...

www.examiner.com/article/brunkow-s-cabin-high-spirits

Not the best article, but 20 murders there. A mining camp massacre, a pioneer family seeking shelter and Sheriff Houghton all killed there

Another www.ghosttowns.com

Couestracker,

Can I post some pics here of remote graves if I can find them?

Couestracker,

Can I post some pics here of remote graves if I can find them?

I don't see why not. Are they on Find a Grave website?

no, I haven't posted pics there, just used the website when I was curious where someone was buried.

I ride a lot north of Lake Pleasant, and used to live down south. Lots of graves in these hills.

Found 1 in unit 23 years ago out in the boonies. Just stumbled onto it in the junipers.

Would like to see Elisha Reaves's grave marked along the trail.

There's one on upper eagle where we pick craw dads. Anyone know who's burried in there?

Ike Clanton the outlaw was buried in upper Eagle but somebody stole his headstone and it was never returned. I believe it was near the N/O bar.

• Like 1