Anderson_HOTD69

Lost Plott Hound AZ HWY 60

This morning at about 1:00 AM two of my hounds got lose and my best guess was chasing a coyote or something else.. They ended up on the highway and thankfully a good hearted person stopped to help them, she managed to get one, but the other saw it wasn't me and took off, away from the highway luckily.

I imagine the still missing dog will make his way back home, since that is where he came from and he was heading in the direction.. Home is over 7 miles away from where he was last seen, and due to the breed and him being on the highway my fear is that he will notice the other is gone and try to go back to where he last saw him..

If anyone is driving on the AZ 60 near the 60/61 split near Vernon Arizona and you see this dog PLEASE give me a call. He should have his collar on him but right now nothing is certain and it wouldn't surprise me if he lost his collar somehow.

(970) 901-2354 is my number, the dog has been with me and only me since he was 6 weeks old and he means the world to me.

I appreciate any help finding my "handsome boy" as I call him, he may not come to someone but if you just see him and call him I will rush there to find him. Due to not hunting the dog when he got lost he has no tracking collar on him, only his ID collar.

Thanks a lot everyone that looks at this.

EDIT: I forgot, last time he was physically seen was around 9:00 this morning on the highway with his partner in crime. Again, thanks to everyone that views this and helps me spread the world. I will update this if he is found, just trying to get as many eyes and ears as I can out there lookin for my boy.

post-11689-0-04560500-1399671574_thumb.jpg

post-11689-0-53094400-1399671577_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hoping you reunite with your friend very soon. I look forward to your update with good news.

• Like 1

Thank you Chef. He is a beautiful dog and is my buddy. Big ol tough boy but around me he is just a baby. This isn't the first time him and his partner in crime have tried to escape but they usually stay close to home.. I'm positive they were chasing something cuz in the 4 years I've had hounds out there I've never had one leave the area.

Hounds will be hounds, I am sure he will make his way home, especially when he starts getting a little hungry haha. 7 or so miles is nothing for a dog, it's the busy scary highway that has me worried or someone picking him up and not calling me. I know he is tired because when I got his friend back home he just laid down and fell asleep so hopefully he is home when I get off work

Gotta love those hounds. Did he find his way back home as expected, or did someone find him? Good deal that he is back at home.

Glad to hear he came home. Also wanted to let you know reamer is doing very good in our home. She has become the best dog I have ever owned.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.

Huge sigh of relief for you I bet!

Big ol hug to your buddy!

Hunt, He found his way home on his own as hoped. Oz, that's great to hear, she is a sweet dog she just didn't have it in her to be a hunting dog lol. Glad to hear she is loved and taken care of. Chef, he got extra hugs and kibble tonight along with a can of sardines to help with his soreness and to let him know that home is where the food is haha. Thanks everyone, Camo should sleep good tonight and hopefully will not do that to me again.

• Like 1

I bet them sardines are gonna smell great on the back end. Lol

Glad he found his was back I wish my dog would do that. He's been picked up by the pound twice now for a hefty fee.

Sardines are amazing, we have saved hound pups from parvo with them. My truck is always full of sardines haha.

Yeah, hounds can be smart, if people will just leave them if they are safe, they will find their way home.

My dad had a Plott male that's a half brother of my Camo, lost him up on the Springerville Side of Greens Peak, next morning got signal of him at out camp down the 5 Road in Unit 3B... I should try to clock it to see how long it would take and how far it is, but even then, wouldn't do it justice cuz it's safe to say when you walk 10 miles, the dogs went 20+ lol.

Really glad my boy made it home, his buddy Preacher, the other hound that was at the HWY, was so tired and sore, when I saw Camo after running all the way home, he was jumping around running like crazy.

When you have a young dog like Camo and Preacher are, it's kinda good to see what they will do in a situation... I wouldn't be surprised if my Camo will find home or me no matter where he is :)

Romo,

Thanks a lot. I miss him a lot too. Depending on when you hunted with him, this dog is directly related to a lot of the dogs my dad ran here in AZ. He acts like it too. IDK if you knew Cabo or Dirty Deeds, but he is a brother to them two males.