Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Zeiss Conquest 15x56

Has anybody looked through the new Zeiss 15s? I has wondering how they compared to the Swarovski 15x56 SLC. Going to get one of them just not sure what one.

I have compared them and like them a lot, the only problem is finding a good tripod adapter.

Edit: I have compared the older ones, not the new ones.

The only review I could find was from an Italian astronomer. http://www.binomania.it/wordpress/?p=6018

Compared Swaro, Docter and the new Ziess. Review was positive for the Zeiss but the new Swaro HD's took the prize. The comparison was reasonably subjective however definition charts were not used and some of the review criteria was basically worthless IMO.

One of the upsides to the new Conquests is the 18 mm eye relief. Eyeglasses are definitely part of my future and the older Swaro 15 X 56's lose FOV when glasses are employed. Hopefully the extra eye relief on the new Zeiss will minimize that issue.

• Like 1

I got to look at both the new Swaro 15x56 and the new Zeiss Conquest 15x56 side by side late last week at Outdoorsman. Comparison consisted of looking into dark tire bays down the street and at people on the mountain some mile and a half away. The edge clearly goes to the new Swaros ($2,500). But the Conquest ($1,600) wasn't too far behind. And at $900 less than the Swaros, the Conquest is the better buy. So if money is no object - choose the Swaros. If you are on a budget - then get the Conquest and don't look back.

I have beed interested in picking up a pair of these new Ziess conquest but after looking throught them I noticed there wasn't an tripod adptor on the binos. I am leery on using one of those universal rubber strap tripod mounts. Has anybody have any experince using those kind of tripod mounts?

I have beed interested in picking up a pair of these new Ziess conquest but after looking throught them I noticed there wasn't an tripod adptor on the binos. I am leery on using one of those universal rubber strap tripod mounts. Has anybody have any experince using those kind of tripod mounts?

I use the tripod adapter that they sellon here for my old Zeiss 1040's they work just fine.

The new zeiss 15x56 comes with a tripod adapter just like the vortex and swaros.

I love Zeiss, and plan to get these someday! :D

If you compare binos during the day....your probably not going to see what you need to see.....the low light quality on the lens!