Basser15

Black River Closure

Just giving you guys a heads up who might be planning on heading to the Black over the 3 day weekend. On our way out yesterday we came across a Ranger who said he was on his way in to the camp areas to make everyone leave as they were closing down the forest due to the fire and the dry conditions. There was another Ranger parked at the turn off going toward Point of Pines from the highway with his lights going so I'm assuming he was there to turn cars around.

If you're heading up there I would call ahead of time to check on the status.

Won't be long until the Forest Service closes the rest of the forest. Planning has already begun...

Thanks I was misinterpreting this to mean the NF was being closed along the Black. I selfishly hope the closure is delayed until after the holiday weekend...have campground reservations and fishing plans! :D

• Like 1

Dang that sucks if it's accurate. I can't find a word about it on their website.

it's so dry up here, i'm as nervous as a chicken in a foxfarm.

when i see the jillion vehicles jam 87 this weekend, all i can wonder is, which fool will light the fire this time.

• Like 1

Dang that sucks if it's accurate. I can't find a word about it on their website.

Probably going to be hard pressed to find up to date info on their site. Probably better off calling them directly and hope someone answers.

• Like 2

Yeah they update that site every 3 years whether it needs it or not.

They are usually pretty good about keeping the Rez open. They usually don't have fire restrictions either, BUT If I was traveling up from the valley I would call for sure. My bet is the only reason they were asking people to leave was due to danger with the fire, I doubt it will be a long term restriction.