Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

That moment when . . .

You realize the bonus pass for the tag you have been chasing crept another point. Sitting on 9 pts and starting to lose patience. Its been WAY too long, I am starting to pass up some pretty decent tags to keep chasing this specific dream. OK, I am done venting.

I am sitting on 20 as non-res. points for elk . Left Az. as Res with 18. I been waiting forever. Watched My kids grow up and leave the nest its been so long. Couldn't afford lifetime lic. before I left. Came to N. Dakota to make $ cause AZ. got ridiculous to try to make $. Still to many Illegals keeping wages low there forever.. Been like that forever. OK I'M done venting. Not trying to be Racist but we all know its true........ BOB!

You realize the bonus pass for the tag you have been chasing crept another point. Sitting on 9 pts and starting to lose patience. Its been WAY too long, I am starting to pass up some pretty decent tags to keep chasing this specific dream. OK, I am done venting.

9pts and youre venting? lol. im pretty sure thats about average for an archery tag right?

I feel for ya flat lander, maybe downgrade to 4b archery elk for a tag!! 9 points gives you tag number 1.

What tag you dreaming about? I just did a bunch of scouting around in 8 this last weekend and was really wishing I had that tag again. Can't wait until I do!

I feel your pain. I was getting really discouraged having to wait 3 years to draw my early archery bull unit 9 tag this year........

Kidding aside in reality it's all just a Matter of luck. Best of luck to you for next year!

Idaho and new mexico have it right. No point systems.

Funny you should say that, I lived in ID for 3 years and never drew a tag there either, but was still able to hunt the general units OTC. I have a lifetime license in that state and each and every year I apply knowing that each and every year I will have 3% chance of drawing a tag. Each and every year they get a $15 app fee (3 of them actually) and I get no closer to getting a tag. Our system is frustrating, but I will take it over no points every time. At least here I know that there is an end to the suffering.

It is luck. I drew early rifle Bull in 96 with 3 points. I drew 16a bull rifle tags the first 2 times i put in for New Mex. 10 years ago, best tag in the State . Gotta play to win. ...............BOB!

Shoot, I've got 5 bs and I've been putting in for 4B!