Sign in to follow this  
murfys69law

Never drink to much before opening day!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone else except A guy I know???

post-12458-0-82722300-1401416386_thumb.png

About 7 years ago hunting Turkey it was so windy on Saturday we came back to camp. 3 guys were now camped close by so we visited. Well We drank quite a bit with them that nite. Didn't get up to hunt sun. morning cause way to much booze. We were camped rite on a river where I had killed birds. It's lite out now and a gobble wakes Me up rite outside the tent. Gun was in truck unloaded. By time I got keys and dressed and got to truck the gobble got farther away. By time I got gun loaded couldn't locate bird no more. They come down to get a drink and go back up the hill rite away. My buddy never did hear them. One time I wish I didn't drink... Guess it even'd out some what as I had killed two easy ones there before. Have one of them mounted..............BOB!

• Like 1

I say if youre going to drink on a hunt, just keep your sorry butt at home. hunting trips is for hunting not getting all drunk.

not serious. its not a hunting trip until im so piss drunk im trying to light camp chairs on fire.

• Like 1

I say if youre going to drink on a hunt, just keep your sorry butt at home. hunting trips is for hunting not getting all drunk.

not serious. its not a hunting trip until im so piss drunk im trying to light camp chairs on fire.

Grand daddy stoker... Enough said

• Like 1

I generally won't do that till after I kill. To old now and won't be able to hike to far if needed. But it was just Turkey and Iv"e killed a bunch any way . A good Deer hunt or Elk,Lope its just a 2-3 beer nite.

you must have been the guy I saw drive a rhino up a tree , right after you burned your chairs. Just playin.

I was archery deer/turkey hunting the first year I got into archery. I had a tree stand and camera up that I hadn't really had any action on but I sat it anyways. Well the second night we got pretty hammered and I didn't make it to the tree till probably 10 and of course i had a bunch of turkey's go through a couple hours before I showed up.

I don't take any booze on hunting trips now.

Well If I do drink while on a hunting trip its in moderation. I have never been to hungover to not get up for a hunt. I will not let my friends drink to much either......unless they are bigger than me then it's ok. lol

Well If I do drink while on a hunting trip its in moderation. I have never been to hungover to not get up for a hunt. I will not let my friends drink to much either......unless they are bigger than me then it's ok. lol

oh for sure. if youre gonna get that drunk you gotta be man enough to get up early and hunt hard.