Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

2 Deadhead Bulls in 2.5 hours

I will Never call G&F after finding a deadhead.. unless I think it could've been poached or something suspicious. I found it so why should they be able to sell it and make money off it at their auction. Screw that.. In other words if I find a fresh dead bull out of season that appears to have been shot... yeah I'll call them. But if I find skin and bones that have been there for some time and I can't tell how it died there is no way I'm calling G&F. I've heard way too many stories of them taking the head from the hunter... even when the cause of death was unknown, all so they can make some money off it. Don't get me wrong.. I've also heard stories of cool officers that let the hunter keep it... but more stories of a big'ol hassle that comes about. Further... if I find it 7 miles into the bush and leave it there, then hike all the way back to my truck, call an officer who then asks me to take him back to it (Another 7mi. hike in)... only to have him confiscate it?! Yeah.. not happening. He can hike in there and find it himself.

Sneaker that is a heck of a find though. Crazy look'n freak bull. Both are nice. way to go.

• Like 2

I will Never call G&F after finding a deadhead.. unless I think it could've been poached or something suspicious. I found it so why should they be able to sell it and make money off it at their auction. Screw that.. In other words if I find a fresh dead bull out of season that appears to have been shot... yeah I'll call them. But if I find skin and bones that have been there for some time and I can't tell how it died there is no way I'm calling G&F. I've heard way too many stories of them taking the head from the hunter... even when the cause of death was unknown, all so they can make some money off it. Don't get me wrong.. I've also heard stories of cool officers that let the hunter keep it... but more stories of a big'ol hassle that comes about. Further... if I find it 7 miles into the bush and leave it there, then hike all the way back to my truck, call an officer who then asks me to take him back to it (Another 7mi. hike in)... only to have him confiscate it?! Yeah.. not happening. He can hike in there and find it himself.

Sneaker that is a heck of a find though. Crazy look'n freak bull. Both are nice. way to go.

I agree with you on this, well said!

Check with pixman I think if your in the same unit he has this bull on cam

That 2n'd Bull is what Obama would look like lf he was an Elk.................BOB!

• Like 3

Looks like CSI coueswhitetail is on the scene, better watch out for these guys... Anyways congrats on the great finds that three horn bull is way cool should make an awesome euro!

• Like 1

Well the guy said their was a hole in the hide. Everybody has different morals. What if that bull was poached? Wouldn't you want the guy who shot it caught for stealing public trust? Especially in an area that you hunt. What if that bull led to catching the Bastard? Poachers act in serial. U think that was the one and only animal the Jackwagon took? Its a no brainer for me to report it if I think foul play is involved. To each their own..

• Like 1

Do a quick Google search and you will find that most western states don't allow the pick up of heads. Why? Poachers found out a good way to poach animals they wanted was shoot them, let them lay thru the fall and pick up in spring and say they just found them. To combat this wildlife agencies make it illegal to keep heads without their approval so you can blame jack butt poachers for such a rule.

Very cool finds! Thanks for sharing.