Sign in to follow this  
muleskinner

Freedom lost again

Unbelievable! Bakery owner in Colorado forced to bake a wedding cake for 2 queers. Also required to submit quarterly reports confirming that he did not refuse service to anyone based on sexual preference. Apparently legaling pot has been followed closely by large doses of stupidity! I would close my business before I complied with the order. One more example of absolute loss of personal freedoms. Also, exposes the blatant hypocrisy of the gay rights agenda. They cry tolerance, but it only applies if you agree with them. Typical leftist, liberal, double standard!

I read an article where he said he's not going to bake wedding cakes anymore! Good for him! Lmao

I have nothing against guy people that's their business. But if you own a business you should be able to refuse service to anyone you feel like. It's your loss in sales. I guess no shoes, no shirt, no service is a violation of my rights.

• Like 2

I have nothing against guy people that's their business. But if you own a business you should be able to refuse service to anyone you feel like. It's your loss in sales. I guess no shoes, no shirt, no service is a violation of my rights.

I guess I agree with some of that. Trouble is that what if a guy decides not to serve a certain race of people? That type of discrimination is against the law, and with good reason. We can't go back to the Jim Crow days and segregation. That would not be right. There are some things in American history that should not be repeated.

Now I certainly don't have an issue with someone being opposed to "Gay Marriage". Personally, I don't support the notion of calling it a "Marriage", as I believe that should have a specific definition as between a man and a woman, and in the eyes of God (to heck with the State). I don't have a problem if they want to "Bond", have "Union" or whatever ... and have State and Federal Rights similar to a Marriage ... but leave the M word out of it. And if you own a business that provides a service, and you have a religious and/or moral objection, you should be able to have that and not have it shoved down your throat. That is my opinion ... and people can either agree or disagree with that. Freedom of Choice (and I am not talking about Abortion here ... don't get me started).

However ... Race is a different topic. I don't think I should be able to tell an African American (Black), Asian, Hispanic, American Indian (which I am part) or any other non-Caucasian that they "can't sit here ... can't buy my house ... can't get food here ... etc." That is just plain wrong.

Some would say that applies a double standard ... and that is their choice to see it that way. I see Marriage as a choice that people make ... bonding in a special way in the sight of the Lord. Race is a matter of birth. Yes ... homosexuality in many/most cases is a matter of birth as well ... but the issue of Marriage is a matter of choice, and I see it as a Religious Sacrament ... again ... to heck with the State and their part.

My two Abe's worth ... whoever wants to, go ahead and have at me ... I have thick skin and a hard head.

• Like 4

Amen sjvcon! I don't need the State to sanction my Marriage! That is between me, my bride, and the Good Lord Above! Bravo, I feel the exact way you do and agree with your entire post!

• Like 2

Sjvcon I agree 100 percent except that calling gay marriage marriage is perfectly OK with me.but great statement man.and I see bigotry as all one and the same, whether it be about race, religion, orientation, 'social status' etc.nobody is better then anyone else, and none of those things have any bearing on the strength of someones character,however judging someone solely on any of those things reveals the character of the judge.

The baker did not refuse to serve them. He offered to make them any cake they want just not a gay one. Big difference. No one was told they would not be served.

There is also a wedding photographer that turned down a gay wedding because she did not want to attend the ceremony. The courts said she had to do it.

Let's say the KKK wants to print some I hate blacks banners. According to the libtards a business that prints banners cannot turn them down.

A person is a person ... that is a fact. Their actions are what determines their character.

That said ... a person's position on Gay Marriage is generally colored by their religious belief. I certainly don't think the guy baking cakes should be forced to bake a cake for a wedding if he doesn't agree with it on a religious basis ... because that is an infringement of his rights to Freedom of Religion. There are plenty of cake shops whose owners likely don't share that belief, so there should be no shortage of places to get a cake. And, by the way, if I went to a cake shop, asked to have a cake made and was refused, I'd never try to force it. The guy might stir the batter with a toilet plunger. That is a totally different topic ... demanding something to make a point. Don't really get that.

Personally, I am tired of the race baiting BS that has exploded to new levels in the current political climate. Bigotry does not end until we stop identifying people based on the color of their skin (though I guess I did it in my earlier post to make a point). "That guy" over there is just a guy ... not "that white guy" or whatever. And sadly, that may never happen. It certainly won't happen under a President who wrote ”I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.” It is a sad state of affairs. "Post Racial President" my ear ... he might be the biggest racist of all.

I'll get off my box now.

Let's say the KKK wants to print some I hate blacks banners. According to the libtards a business that prints banners cannot turn them down.

Which is a travesty. They ought to be able to usher them out the door.

But a guy who prints banners should not be able to tell a guy to get out based on the color of his skin ... until his actions make him look like the KKK guy or the Black Panthers Guy or something like that. Then kick his butt out. heck ... if it were my shop, that is exactly what I'd do ... myself ... personally ... by hand and with pride.

Oh ... you certainly aren't wrong about that Snapshot ... they'd never make a member of Islam go against their religion. And there is definitely something wrong with cramming a belief down someone's throat ... and in the face of their religious belief.

I get it. I do. My original post only meant that SOME protection from refusal of service is necessary because some A Hole would refuse service on the color of someone's skin or some such thing like in the past. And that is NOT okay. A real black eye on American History.

Being respectful and friendly to people with different beliefs than you dosent mean you are going against your religion.it means that you're being a decent person.having faith in you're beliefs is a great thing, but condemning and having hatred simply because someone has different beliefs is poison.Nearly all religions (as well as common human decency)preach the former and strongly discourage the latter. But unfortunately they get confused as being the same thing, which they are absolutely not.

Just like the whole civil rights movement that was so controversial is now looked back on as a great thing, 30 years from now we will look back and ask ourselves how we were so ignorant about treating gays fairly. About refusing these simple freedoms to good people. Bigotry against a race is no more ignorant than bigotry against orientation.and by the way I'm a straight guy for the record.the injustice is just sickening.

• Like 1