Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Dogs and quads

Would like to make something to mount on the back of my Honda Rubicon for my lab. Any ideas? Post some pics if you have something for your dog to ride on.

Our golden loves to ride with us. I used the heavy rubber bungees to strap the bottom half of her first kennel to the quad rack. Put a piece of carpet in the bottom. This picture is 5 years old. She is 95 pounds now and still loves to ride. The kennel seems small for her size, but it is just big enough for her to sit or lay and the sides keep her from flopping around.

post-2983-0-37131200-1401980460_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I bought one of the cargo cages from The Sportsman's guide and Sadie's bed from Costco fits in there perfectly. She loves riding on the quad. It took awhile to teach her not to bark at deer and elk and such but she's got it now, she just nuzzles me if thinks I don't see it and she has seen alot of animals I did not.

Have fun!

TJ

post-414-0-23472000-1401980864_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I made this out of plywood, reinforced the corners with metal brackets and 2x4s along the bottom. The box holds her quite well on rough roads.

post-1903-0-47369700-1401983180_thumb.jpg

post-1903-0-88029900-1401983457_thumb.jpg

She will spend hours on the quad in camp and she is not spoiled. :D

TJ

• Like 8

I bought one of the cargo cages from The Sportsman's guide and Sadie's bed from Costco fits in there perfectly. She loves riding on the quad. It took awhile to teach her not to bark at deer and elk and such but she's got it now, she just nuzzles me if thinks I don't see it and she has seen alot of animals I did not.

Have fun!

TJ

Have fun!

TJ

Hey TJ, Sadie and Lexie could certainly pass for brother and sister. Great picture. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. Got some plywood around here, think I'll dig through my stuff and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the ideas.

Here's my project.

.post-1600-0-69656900-1402012684_thumb.jpg

post-1600-0-09980000-1402012728_thumb.jpg

I think he likes it, had a little trouble getting down.

post-1600-0-35841900-1402012781_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hey looking good! That was quick! You might want to add some padding so that your doggie has something to hold on to as well as some comfort.

Nice job!

Unbelievable!!! You must have had a 3 man crew working the whole time. That came out awesome and I'm sure your dog is going to enjoy them quad rides. It would have taken me a couple days at the least. Thanks for thinking of the comfort and safety of your dog.

Happy trails to you and your dog. We need to know the name of your dog now that we are all family. lol :)

TJ

Thanks to you guys, got my brain working. Couldn't even take a nap, I was planning this after seeing the pics. All material was scraps from building the cabin. And the cushion was on the wife's patio chairs that she has been wanting to replace.

His name is Hunter, got him last November from Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue ( good outfit ). He will be 2 in October . He's a special needs dog , he specially needs me! Can't imagine a better dog.

I think he will adapt quick to his new ride, like I said earlier he had a bit of trouble getting down. Don't know what I could do to make it easier.

• Like 1