Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

A Steelers legend

Chuck noll is dead at 82. 4 superbowls and 23 years for the steelers. Coaches since Bill cowher, mike tomlin. Thats 3 coaches in 44 years or so . Thats my team and has been since I was a kid. I think the cardinals need to get a clue and keep a coach and build an actual franchise of the nfl.

• Like 1

Well thanks for your thoughts and I hope you enjoyed that 8-8 season. Go Rapelsburger!

• Like 1

5 guys I feel your pain. I lived in Pittsburg for 7 years of my life. I was lucky enough to have been there in the glory years from 1978 to 1982 when the steelers were the best there was to offer. As a young kid I spent all my allowance on collecting steeling cards and wishing I could be a Pitt steelers player. Heck every kid in Pitts at the time wanted to be one. One day we were down by the stadium when they were filming a Rocky bliar movie and my dad snuck us into the stadium. We actually made it into the locker room while they were filming the movie. In less than an hour I was able to sit on terry bradshaws, stallworths, lc greenwoods,jack lamberts,Lynn swans, and chuck knolls lap. You have to understand at this age this was like meeting the president for others. I had a lot of my trading cards with me and got all their signatures and pics of them signing my cards in their laps. One of the biggest highlights of my life and a memory from my childhood I will never forget. The steelers organization lost a heck of a man in chuck knolls and the memories chuck knolls created for you and me each weekend they played were special to say the least. I feel for ya 5 guys. Good post.

• Like 1

I also grew up a steelers fan as did most of the other folks in TJ and I's little town of Brilliant, Ohio. If ya wasn't a steelers fan then you were a browns fan. Football was a big part of my life growing up in the Ohio Valley. Chuck Noll became the head coach in 1969 after Joe Paterno turned it down.

Thoughts and prayers for family and friends.

Peg

Mistreating Steeler fans is a wonderful pastime (one I rarely tire of) however this thread is not about that.

Chuck Knoll and the teams he put on the field have never been surpassed. Those guys were double tough in a league that allowed "tough play."

RIP Chuck Knoll.

I grew up in western PA. I remember when they were 1-11. Then after that every year You just expected to win. Fun when You win. Moved to AZ. in 77 and was Steeler fan till Cards came. Then Steelers have been My 2nd team. Anyway ,We lost a class act. and yes the Cards needed to take lesson from Him....RIP. Chuck......................BOB!

• Like 1