PatrickJr

World Record???

I recall the good ol days of Roger's Lake before Georgia Frontiere built her mansion in prime elk country. I remember watching and hearing hundreds of elk in there in the late 80's. That a huge part of making me the "elkoholic" I am now. Yes I am ELKRAZY!

• Like 1

I recall the good ol days of Roger's Lake before Georgia Frontiere built her mansion in prime elk country. I remember watching and hearing hundreds of elk in there in the late 80's. That a huge part of making me the "elkoholic" I am now. Yes I am ELKRAZY!

I also spent a lot of time in the late 80's in that area. The elk were thick in late summer; I could watch them for hours.

I remember when Mormon lake was a lake.

Wow, that must have been a while ago. Even I don't remember that.

• Like 1

my dad remembers when it was bank to bank and 2-3 ft deep. he also said that there was northern pike in it.

my dad remembers when it was bank to bank and 2-3 ft deep. he also said that there was northern pike in it.

it was awesome. I have a pic somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find it. When I was your age I caught a 17# pike outta there. Used to be an awesome duck hunting lake too. It's been years since I've been there, but the old Mormon lake store Used to have an old scale in there you could weigh your catch on.
  • Like 1

Yup duck hunting was pretty fun when I was just a young kid with my dad. Water from bank to bank then the water table broke.

Yep, pike fishing and duck hunting. Was a great place. So was Stoneman lake. Another one thats been lost. I even remember taking our three wheeled ATC's (another relic of the 80's) out on a frozen Mormon lake. Admittedly not smart but man was it fun.

Yep, pike fishing and duck hunting. Was a great place. So was Stoneman lake. Another one thats been lost. I even remember taking our three wheeled ATC's (another relic of the 80's) out on a frozen Mormon lake. Admittedly not smart but man was it fun.

stoneman was a great place, the perch were phenomenal!

Has anyone ever killed an elk out there during archery season?

I watched those elk one archery season and all the archers chasing them around for about a week one year. I think one kid stuck a cow but I don't know if he ever recovered it.

There was a pop up blind out there and one day the big bull in the lake got pushed right to the blind. Thought I was going to get to see the bull get taken when he went by it at 20 yards but I guess no one was in the blind.

Back in the 30's my dad told me that to earn a boy scout swimming badge you had to swim from the road out to an island and back. That little knob can be seen on the west side of the lake north of the roping arena. He also talked about using row boats launched at the store to fish for perch.