Sign in to follow this  
Tucson John

Help needed! to move a shed....

OK I'm out of ideas and was hoping you guys might be able to help. I have a cabin up by Greens Peak (Greer area) and I have a 10 x 14 foot shed that I need to move.I only need to move it about 30 yards. I've called tow companies, shed builders, rental places for a trailer that might work......and have come up empty. Does anybody know who in the White mountain area might be interested in this project? Or....have any suggestions how to do this?

Thanks in advance for help or advise!

John

Call Woodlands in Springerville. They have a forklift that they use to unload the 12x8 sheds that they sell. They might do it.

Casey,

Not sure.....I actually had Harbor Freight wheels bolted on it until my neighbor convinced me that they would not handle the weight.....so I took them off. Before that, we jacked it up in the air trying to get it high enough to back my quad trailer under it... until it fell over and crashed into a tree! At that point I was like...well it's not worth somebody getting hurt, or worse, and I started looking for somebody with the right equipment to do it safely. Maybe I just need about twenty young guns like you.....and you guys could just pick it up and carry it! I'm guessing it weighs about 1500 pounds.

Whatever you end up doing, put it on some redwood 2x skids as a part of your move. Will make it easier to slide if you ever have to do it again.

+1 sjvcon. I put mine on 6x8 skids, and cut an angle on each end, also drilled and braced for axles because I do plan on moving it. In your case though, could you jack it up high enough to get logs under it or pipe (20 feet worth spaced 6-12" apart) and drag roll it where you need?

yep jackit up or dig it out -- put -runner rails on the bottom - place round roller logs to new location - shouldn't be a problem if only 30 yrds to roll it over use a comealong or a good 4x4 with new u joints - lol

All good feedback guys! I have it about two feet in the air now, blocked up. Skids and logs to roll it on may just work. I built a foundation for it in the new location so I'd have to figure out how to get it up on to that once I got it there.

How about this? I provide steak dinner and drinks......and you guys come over and help me?!

Call the coach of the Round Valley football team and see if he can send about 20 kids in return for a nice donation to the team.

Call the coach of the Round Valley football team and see if he can send about 20 kids in return for a nice donation to the team.

Yeah! another great idea! Thanks!

I moved a huge shed with 2 inch pvc , schedule 40. No problem pulling it about a half acre away. In My old Landscaping Buss. I moved many large Items over the years via this method including huge boulders that weigh more than a shed. Good luck......BOB!