Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Bear Nuggets

First, I slice or cut pieces of bear meat the size of chicken nuggets. Next, I rinse them off in cold water. Then, I dab them in flour to cover them with a base coat. After that, I immerse them in a mixture of eggs, water, onion salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Finally, I roll the nuggets around in a bread crumb mix.

I bake the bear nuggets in the oven for one hour at 350 degrees, then deep fry them in 375 degree vegetable oil for one minute. Let them cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!

post-4429-0-39919100-1403319302_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-60261900-1403319320_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-78902700-1403319335_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-55567900-1403319350_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-79397300-1403319377_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-61402500-1403319403_thumb.jpg

post-4429-0-06003900-1403319423_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I want some bear tacos. Anyone ever make them?

All the time. Bear machaca and tamales too!

• Like 1

The last photo shows the finished nuggets. I always bake in the oven as described just prior to the quick deep fry, as this generates an internal meat temperature of 160 degrees which is more than enough to kill any trichinosis that could be present. A fast deep fry alone will not achieve that internal temperature. Cooking some more today.

Looks great! For some reason the finished nuggets pic wasn't showing for me this morning.

I love it when people share their recipes and techniques for cooking wild game. Especially the more exotic stuff like this. Thanks!

For a slightly zestier dish, harvest the nuggets while the bear is hibernating.

• Like 1

I had a butcher make summer sausage out of mine. They had to of mixed in a good amount of pork meat and it was palatable, but I can't say it was something I would seek out to eat when hungry.

I want some bear tacos. Anyone ever make them?

Yes, I made some from ground, they were totally awesome! I need to tag a bear this fall in the worst way.....

The last photo shows the finished nuggets. I always bake in the oven as described just prior to the quick deep fry, as this generates an internal meat temperature of 160 degrees which is more than enough to kill any trichinosis that could be present. A fast deep fry alone will not achieve that internal temperature. Cooking some more today.

Those look amazing! I'm guessing they taste amazing as well.